Premed 101 Forums

Housing

Guest MedAnxiety

Guest MedAnxiety

Hi, I was wondering what type of housing there are for med students. Thanks :)

Just edited the topic so everyone knows what it is about-kosmo14

Guest kosmo14

I don't know a lot about housing as I am from Saskatoon, and as such spent a lot of my time at my parents place during university.

I know the college has residences, but not specific for med students/prof. colleges. I do know a few people that stay in res. but they complain of it being fairly loud a lot of time and not very good for studying.

There are a lot of basement suites/housing surrounding the university that is fairly reasonable. If you go to the universities website and look for the USSU then check out the housing registry.

Sorry I can't help you more.

Guest Sn22

Hi, I know there are a few people in my class and in the dentistry class that live in appartment syle rez just off campus, specifically Assiniboine & Wollaston Halls. I haven't really heard them complain much about noise in those buildings. My one friend lived in Voyageur place and then moved to Wollaston the next year and she has had a positive experience at both places. Mind you Voyageur tends to have many more younger students and tends to party more. One guy in my class is at Sheptytsky and he just rolls out of bed and gets to school in no time because it is sooo close. I'm sure you've already taken a look, but if not explore.usask.ca/about/housing/ is great at outlining all of the rez's available.

Alternately, you may want to consider renting an appartment. That's what most of the students in my class (from out of town) do. Sutherland (far buy cheaper), just south of the University (close to school, not sure about price), broadway area (fun, more eclectic neiborhood) or downtown (near, but tends to be a bit pricier) are all popular choices. Hope this helps. :)

Guest rainie

I just finished my bachelor's at the U of S, and I've lived in the Assinaboine/wollaston complex for three years. I don't recommend it. It may be convenient - but unless you are fortunate enough to live in a newly renovated unit, they're as old as they come, and last summer we had a rodent problem. This week my window fell out...and things like this just keep happening.

Now that i have a car i plan to move out asap!

Archived