Premed 101 Forums

Invites are starting

Guest dddd

Just got an email. I'm out of province, and the way the email makes it sound, oop get priority for scheduling interviews, so maybe in province invites will be a while yet.

Guest kosmo14

Glad to see people are getting the invites. I remember the OOP got thier invites via email earlier than in province who only got letters. UofS is an awesome school, you should seriously consider it when you come.

As far as distance from airport to University: best case 10 min, worst case 25min depending on traffic. You can pretty much get from any point A to any point B in Saskatoon in 25 min.

Place to stay: I still recommend the Parktown Hotel, very close to University only about 4 blocks and a nice hotel.

Guest DonaldKaufman

I was going to ask the same question. I am an OOP and I haven't heard anything yet. Is it correct that interview invites at U of Sask are based entirely on the 2 GPAs of your best two years? Are all of the invites send out at once, or do those of us waiting still have a chance?

I remember reading somewhere that interview invites are based on your one best year, and final selection is based on your two best years, but you'll have to find it yourself.

Guest RageoftheDragon

Good call Kosmo, and just a follow up, the bar in the parktown (Cluricuane) serves a decent pint of Guinness for calming the post interview jitters. Also in good prox. to Saskatoons only good mall, the Midtown.

RotD

Guest Tricolore20

My GPA (not sure about the percentage) is pretty good, its about 3.87, and I haven't heard anything. I'm getting pretty nervous, checking my email every hour :o

Guest RageoftheDragon

Hi all,

Got my invite today. Looks like the UofS is in gear for in province stuff now. Kind of easy in my case, as the mailing address is 3 blocks from the University. However, last year I always seemed to be the last to get letters. Seems like they discovered a direct route or something.

RotD

Archived