Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS Research/Publication?

It says on OMSAS under research: "indicate the type of publication: paper, abstract and presentation at a scientific meeting etc., accepted or published with a reference; submitted or in preparation"

1. what do they mean by "with a reference"? Do i have to include a link to the publication?

2. and what if it is in preparation? would i need a reference then?

3. what if i have no publications for a research i did, should i still include that research but put n/a in publication or would that look bad?

THANK YOU :D 

5 hours ago, bananabread1212 said:

It says on OMSAS under research: "indicate the type of publication: paper, abstract and presentation at a scientific meeting etc., accepted or published with a reference; submitted or in preparation"

1. what do they mean by "with a reference"? Do i have to include a link to the publication?

2. and what if it is in preparation? would i need a reference then?

3. what if i have no publications for a research i did, should i still include that research but put n/a in publication or would that look bad?

THANK YOU :D 

1. If it is published in a journal, I would simply use the DOI to that article as your reference. So  written in this format: "published - journal abbreviation name - DOI"

2. If the manuscript is in preparation, you won't be able to reference it since it's not published yet. 

3. Is this project ongoing or is it completed with no publication? If it's ongoing, simply indicate that the project is ongoing. 

31 minutes ago, CardiacArrhythmia said:

1. If it is published in a journal, I would simply use the DOI to that article as your reference. So  written in this format: "published - journal abbreviation name - DOI"

2. If the manuscript is in preparation, you won't be able to reference it since it's not published yet. 

3. Is this project ongoing or is it completed with no publication? If it's ongoing, simply indicate that the project is ongoing. 

Thanks for ur reply!  :) Quick question, what if my publication doesn't have a DOI? Like I worked on this research where I wrote a report. And this other research I did, I had an abstract. 

1 hour ago, bananabread1212 said:

Thanks for ur reply!  :) Quick question, what if my publication doesn't have a DOI? Like I worked on this research where I wrote a report. And this other research I did, I had an abstract. 

I would write the entire reference in an abbreviation format. 

Something like: Smedes & Boer. Trends Anal. Chem. 1997, 16, 503 should be suffice. 
(Note: e.g. taken from http://global.oup.com/us/companion.websites/fdscontent/uscompanion/us/static/companion.websites/9780195305074/9.22.pdf)

35 minutes ago, CardiacArrhythmia said:

I would write the entire reference in an abbreviation format. 

Something like: Smedes & Boer. Trends Anal. Chem. 1997, 16, 503 should be suffice. 
(Note: e.g. taken from http://global.oup.com/us/companion.websites/fdscontent/uscompanion/us/static/companion.websites/9780195305074/9.22.pdf)

ohhh ok that makes sense. tysm!! ^_^ i was so confused cause this is my first cycle applying LOL

Archived