Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist for OOP is Moving

Guest Melissa13

Guest Melissa13

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that Heather called me this morning and offered me a spot from the waitlist for OOP. I have declined because of an acceptance at UofOttawa. I asked and she said I was #2 on the list so there is some movement and I hope somebody gets some great news today.

I got a call from UofA this morning and got accepted. I was on the UofS waitlist so that's

one more spot for all of you. Good luck to you all.

Guest smu2001

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I am going insane! Heather has just told me that she has filled 3 spots for sure, one maybe, and 2 she hasn't heard from. Still no word though about how many people she has called off the wailist. I know she is at #3 at least, but what if she is at #14 and I am #15!!!!

I can't take it anymore! HELP! I don't want to end up in the Carribean!

Guest monkey

please smu2001, dont think too much on this, or you WILL go nuts. i am sure the two that didnt reply dont want to go...that is why they didnt reply. or they wouldnt be so stupid. well i'd like to believe after agonizing over the application process one isnt gonna blow it at the last stage!!! keep faith! and i am sure u'll get in!!!! plus people are hearing back from UA today (if they got in) and then they'll definitely leave the UofS wait-list!! so keep faith!

take care...

Guest smu2001

thanks monkey, i'll try to put it out of my head over the long weekend. there is too much fun stuff going on anyways, concerts and fireworks and such. basically when work comes to an end on friday i suddenly have too much time to think about things. Happy Canada Day everyone!

Guest MD2006

Hey way to go smu2001. I also graduated from SMU, Bio and Phyc in 2000, what do you think the odds are we had classes together, pretty high I bet! Good luck at USask!

Guest smu2001

Wow, a fellow Husky all the way out in Saskatchewan. I'd say the chances are extremely high that we had a class together (I also took Bio and Psy). Thanks to everyone! This chat room has helped to keep me sane through this entire process. I feel like I'm writing an acceptance speech for the academy awards or something! Heather the admissions lady, I've never heard a sweeter voice! Anyways, can't wait to meet all of you!

:rollin

Guest UWOMED2005

Heheh. . . my impression from the one Canada day I spent in Halifax was that "Cannabis day" was a bigger deal for Haligonians than Canada day!

Congrats on the acceptance to Saskatchewan. Too bad we won't be seeing you here at UWO (Did you go out for lunch with myself and a couple of other UWO students at the Spoke? Or I think I might have met you at Casey's. . .) but an MD is an MD. Once again, congrats.

Guest smu2001

I'm still on the waiting list at UWO so you never know...

But, I have already sent in my deposit for Sask and am planning my move to the prairies. It wasn't me that you met, I was barely in London for a minute since I had the Queen's interview that weekend as well. As for Canada Day, it rained here last weekend so the fireworks, among other things, are tomorrow. The weather is beautiful, summer is finally here and life is good! Maybe we'll meet as colleagues one day.

Guest ManitobaMed

I arrived home to a phone message (acceptance) from USask, so the OOP waitlist is still moving. I will be emailing admissions to decline the offer. Good luck to anyone still waiting! :)

And congratulations, smu2001! The prairies are a great place to live. :)

Guest MD2006

Hey smu2001, I'm actually going to be at Dal this year but I read your tread and saw that you were at SMU so I thought I'd extend my congrats to my fellow Husky!

I'm sad that I missed Canada Day (I now what you mean UWOMED2005 about the cannibus day thing :smokin ) in Halifax this year, I hear the concert on the Hill rocked! But I did get to participate in the July 4th festivities here in Boston yesterday, but the 103 degree heat index made it kind of sticky, apparently at the Red Sox game yesterday, 200 people were treated for dehydration! Eventhough I didn't get to see Our Lady Peace, the Hip and all the others on the Hill, I did get to see Barry Manalow at the Hatch shell :lol .

Anyhoo, I totally of topic for this tread, good luck!

PS - did you happen to take Dr. Rand and Dr. MacKay's classes?

Guest smu2001

Of course, Dong, McKay and Wiles, the secret to my success! I took physio with Rand in 98/99, maybe u too? I missed the concert too, oh well, I've seen those guys tons of times. Plus, it was also the last night ever J.J.'s aka the sewage pit was open, the end of an era. I guess we'll have to wait until I come back to Dal to perhaps do my residency to meet?

Good luck to all those still waiting, I was told that they have gone through the entire OOP list in previous years!

Guest UWOMED2005

My namesake bar, JJ's, is closed? Too bad. We always used to go there after power hour at the 'Crow ended. They've been trying to shut down that place for years, but it never did close until now.

BTW - How did this discussion ever erupt in the U Sask thread. . . sorry Saskatchewanites!

Guest MD2006

Ah yes, the good old days at SMU. I was shocked when I heard JJ's closed.....it truly feels like a legacy has ended! Oh well, I'm getting a little too old for that place anyways. Ok, enough about Halifax in the Saskatchewan forum!

Archived