Premed 101 Forums

when are letters sent out?

Guest monkey

Guest monkey

sorry i know this was answered somewhere, but i thougth it'd be good to have a seperate thread to get discussion goin on when we get letters and how ppl are coping with the time left in between!

i'm not really coping. i'm more spatzy then every now!!

Guest Melissa13

Hi all,

Acceptances are supposed to go out on June 15, says Heather at the admissions office. So no fun letters until then. Good Luck. Melissa

Guest monkey

hey melissa13,

i saw your post in ottawa. did you apply there? have you heard back yet? good luck in the waiting game!!!! bTW: is UofS one of your top choices? just curious!!

i think it might be. hell anywhere i get in is my first choice!!! :)

Guest princejr13

Hi,

I enquired the same thing via e-mail and Heather said that the admissions committee meets on June 14 and that the letters will be mailed out within one week of that day. I doubt they will mail them out on the 15th since that is a saturday. Time is going by quickly for me as I am working in a lab at the university, but once I get home, the premed syndrome takes hold of me again and I end spending a good portion of the day pondering my chances. AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH !!!!!!!!

Guest monkey

princejr13,

that is so me as well! i work during the day and am totally sane, but when i get home, WATCH OUT!!! i'm a nut hanging out on this website going crazy thinking about the wait and imagining all sorts of things about my future....will i get a rejection? an acceptance?!!!

what if its the cliffhanger wait-list!?

i am really glad that the admission committee doesnt mind the fact we bug them so much!!!!!!!!!!!! i wonder if other schools are like that too...so patient and not at all angry or pissed off at us bugging them so much.

i mean, i once had a nightmare where i bugged heather so much she took my acceptance and made it into a rejection letter.

so as u can tell, i am going CRAZY!!!!!

Guest Melissa13

Yes Monkey,

I did get an aceptance from the U of O. I still can't believe it's real. They emailed all the acceptances so I'm still kinda holding my breathe until the package comes...kinda like they may have made some mistake, you know? I won't say with certainty because anything can happen but if this is for real (gonna take some time to sink in) I don't think I will be accepting any offer from the U of S unless it comes with a full four year scholarship. Makes that much more space for those of you waiting to hear from U os Sask though. Good Luck all. Melissa

Guest monkey

congratulation melissa13!!!!! i cannot even begin to imagine what it actually feels like to read the email....!!! i have imagined it, but i'm sure its nothing compared to the real thing. so CONGRATULATIONS!!!! your posts have been very informative so hopefully you'll come back next year and keep us all posted on UO (or wherever you decide to go)!

Guest kosmo14

Congratulations melissa13 I wish you well in the future.

monkey, were you the one that got the acceptance at UWO, if so, congratulations, I hope this takes some pressure off of you, as you seemed to be a little on edge in the past couple of months (as I am sure we all have been). It certainly would be nice waiting out these next couple of weeks with an acceptance under my belt, but since I only applied to U of S it is all or nothing for me. Oh well, I can't change what is going to happen now, I can only hope that what I did in the past is good enough. Enjoy your summer.

Guest monkey

yea kosmo it was me: i got accepted to UWO. Before getting this letter, I was just being totally antzy and wanted to keep all of my options opened. I've read most of your posts, and from what i see, i hope you get in to med school too, coz you would make an excellent addition to the medical profession!!!! Good luck and cheers!

Guest Melissa13

As I smile a sheepish grin and hold absolutely no ill-will in my heart for what I am about to type...You guys are not going to miss us one bit :lol because it means that there are now potentially 2 less candidates to compete against for the smallest med class in Canada. In all seriousness, thanks so much for your hearty congrats, it has been really weird to be able to sleep so well. I keep thinking of things that I have to do to reapply i the next cycle and then I stop because I realize that I don't have to go through this whole mess of an emotional rollercoaster EVER again. If I could wish anything for you guys it would be that kind of peace and satisfaction. I hope that all of the news from Sask is good news. Please post and let me know how you all do because I will stay tuned. Good luck, Melissa

Guest monkey

hey guys

are you feeling nervous as the date of adcom meeting is coming closer (14th right?). it'd be great to listen in/read what all you guys are thinking in these few days since expressing your frustrations/emotions i think can help you guys

a) get closer as friends

B) help a discussion going, whcih this specific board seems to really lack!

so come on guys!!!

btw: thanks for your really nice comments there crang. i really hope all you guys get into med!

Archived