Premed 101 Forums

*Saskatchewan tidbit

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Ian Wong, MS2

Date:***2/11/2001 9:26 pm*PST

I can tell you about Saskatchewan as I interviewed there back in 1999. Things might have changed since then, but I doubt they would have changed too much. U of Sask interviews the top 15 out of province (OOP) students who apply. They decide this based mainly on your GPA, and to a lesser extent, your MCAT score. The system they use there is quite weird: I remember them using my two best years of undergrad only, and not my third year. I applied during my third year. I don't know how they would do it if you were in your fourth year, or if you have gotten your Bachelors already, and were working on/completed a second degree.

Once U of Sask decides to interview you, they then ask for reference letters. So initially, the only things you send them are your registration form, a transcript and MCAT scores, and your cash. No need for reference letters or essays, making it a very simple school to apply to.

After the interview, 5 OOP students are accepted. In that year, I heard through the grapevine that no OOP students ended up attending U of Sask. I think if you have the numbers to get into U of Sask, you can probably get into your home province medical school. And if you can get in there, personally I didn't find that much appealing about spending the next four years of my life in Saskatoon. :)

Ian

Can, MS2

PS: To everyone out there reading this message board, JOIN IN! Using your real name and e-mail address is optional!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest monkey

hey

so if they accept 5 OOP, how many OOP ppl do they say "u've passed the interview and u're file is now being considered?"

only 5?

let me know

monkey

Archived