Premed 101 Forums

did anyone get letters? got in??

Guest monkey

Guest monkey

hey guys

just wanted to start a new thread discussing the arrival of letters and such. GOOD LUCK eVERYONE! i'm anxiously awaiting mine too... :)

Guest monkey

princejr13

you live in saskatoon i am guessing? well i havent heard of UofS sending couriers to their applicants if they get accepted...so chances are maybe they released the letters out today...considering they met on friday and stuff. or maybe they'll release them mid-week. did anyone muster enough courage to ask heather?

i do hope they sent them out today though! this waiting does get tiring esp. when its so close!!!!!

guys, take a deep breath... all in good time. don't let's get too worked up now.

(still haven't caught my breath yet from waiting from ON letters)

Guest kosmo14

I am finally back, my video card died on me so I haven't been able to visit this forum for a while. I can't believe the number of posts in the last week, impressive. I didn't get anything today, but wasn't expecting it. I wouldn't be too anxious to get it this week. At least 5 friends who are already in med here didn't get there letters in the past until the last week of june regardless of when the admissions comittee met. I hope I am wrong, but I am not getting my hopes up for getting a letter this week. Good luck to all.

Guest princejr13

I built up enough courage to walk into the med office today (since I work just one floor below in health sciences building) and Heather told me that the letters will be mailed today (June 17) and therefore we should get them by the end of this week for sure. For the people that are in town or in province I bet will get it in the next two days ...... well its finally here, folks. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!

Guest Ian Wong

Well then, I guess this one's for real this time. Best of luck everybody! Let us know when you track down the mailman. :)

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest monkey

i think b/c i'm OOP i got an email...coz the letter would take waaay longer to get to me compared to you thru snail-mail. i keep forgetting, but i'm pretty sure u're in saskatoon right?

dont fret!!!! please!

Guest kosmo14

Yes I do live in Saskatoon, so I am hoping that is the reason, I have checked my email obsessivly every 10 minutes for the last couple of hours (pathetic, I know).

I forgot to congratulate you on your acceptance, I am glad to hear it. Will you be going elsewhere?

Guest monkey

thanks kosmo14. and its perfectly okay to obsess! i would too!

actually i think i will go to UWO(still have to hear back from UA). so i'm declining my offer to UofS. but i am so very honoured they chose me...considering how competitive it is for OOP to get admittance. i'm still in shock so yea....:)

i really do hope you get in kosmo14. u're a really great guy/gal and i know i would have totally enjoyed getting to know you in person. hopefully u'll get in, go to UofS and become a moderator for them on this board so we can chat sometimes here!!!!

good luck and keep me posted on how it goes. till then go outside and enjoy the sunshine. its raining here so i cant do that....!

Guest princejr13

I've also checked my e-mail 786 times today for anything the u of s med school .... but there was nothing. I havn't checked my snail mail yet since i'm at work, but I doubt that I will get anything today. The suspense continues .....

i think i have the right to freak out now, and i choose to exercise that right...

i wonder if they sent e-mails to everyone physically out of province, or just actual OOP applicants but not sk residents who happen to be away (like me).

anyway, back to my tent by the mailbox...

Guest kosmo14

I got my letter this morning (small white envelope) I am in. Finally the waiting is over, I am so happy. Good luck to everyone, I hope it goes as well as my day went. I hope to see you at orientation. princejr13 I am still looking for that golf game.

Guest Patriots11

Well done kosmo on your acceptance. I also got my letter this morning with good news. Hopefully we can get a group and head to the links one of these days. Good luck to everyone else.

Guest kosmo14

Congrats patriots11 I look forward to meeting you. I believe the golf comment was meant for you, I just got the names mixed up, but if anyone else is interested let me know and I will set it up.

Guest princejr13

Congratulations to both of you kosmo14 and patriots11. I have also been accepted .... YEAH BABY !!! Can you believe it, we start med school in just TWO months. I am so happy ... and now its time to take a vacation !!! I'm going to disneyland ....(I hope).

Guest BlueWooster

Congratulations all - I'm out in SE rural and still haven't received a letter....(of course, this is the RATIONAL explanation - it's already occurred to me that my letter was intercepted, destroyed, not mailed, or possibly forgotten). Looks like I've got a couple more sleepless nights ahead of me....

Blue

Guest kosmo14

Congrats crang and everyone, I am glad to see almost all of the regulars to this forum got in. I look forward to meeting you all on Aug. 22. Have an excellent summer.

Archived