Premed 101 Forums

0T8 class currently full; Tuition due in October

Guest UTMed07

Guest UTMed07

Hi,

I was in the admissions office today and talked shortly to Bill Gregg because I wasn't certain when the tuition monies is due. (I'm going out of town in a couple of weeks and won't return until August 29th (the day before classes start). So, I thought it would be good to look into that now.)

Bill said the faculty gives the students some leeway--the money isn't really due 'til some time in October (--it isn't 'til then they start charging interest). I asked him about the confusing documentation last year. Last year there were two dates in the fee schedule--by the first date (sometime late August) you were supposed to have paid $10,000; by the second date (mid October) you were supposed to have paid the outstanding amount. He said that stuff comes from the fees office and is directed at the other (first entry) undergraduate students--medicine is different. I said that was good to know :) and then said something a long the lines of "it makes sense 'cause I imagine a few people might get the acceptance just shortly before school starts." To that Bill said something like "Yes, that sometimes happens, but... [probably] not this year. The [incoming first year] class is currently full... whereas it is possible that may change."

To the waitlisters out there--I wouldn't give up hope completely, but the chances look pretty bad. :( Start looking ahead.

To those that are in the position of "get off the waitlist or no med school" try to put the idea of med school aside for a bit. If you cannot, start planning for the next round and think about how you can improve your application/interview performance. I know it is incredibly hard to be so close to getting in... but having the feeling the dream is slipping away--I've been there.

If you got in to another med school in Canada but wanted to come here-- think about the enjoy of going there... and know that the other school will also make you into a fine doctor.

0T8ers -- perhaps you can breathe a bit easier. If you're still anxious… StarGirl123 basically wrote the same here ...or if you feel it is too important to believe me and her... contact admissions and hear it from the horse's mouth and enjoy the summer! As stated above--unfortunately, I'm going to miss orientation (it is the week before classes start)--but I'll hopefully get to know you guys later. :)

Archived