Premed 101 Forums

How much communication is there between the students of other professional health sciences in your school?

Terrible title. Please forgive.

I'm not sure where is the appropriate location for this post.  

UBC pharmacy student here, looking to find out if in other universities if there is good communication between faculties for professional health science students.  For example, at UBC pharmacy we have facebook groups for each year and I'm probing to see how to connect the different faculty department student's together electronically (blogs, forums, facebook chats) to help facilitate communication.

Anyone from other provinces or states have a better connected electronic communication between students from different professional health science faculties?  

• 6 months later...

This is a really cool idea and I think you’re touching on a big idea for healthcare outside of studies too.

Did you ever find a good electronic platform to connect different faculties? How are the privacy/security policy/measures?

I’m aware that U of T does an Interprofessional information session that includes students and practicing professionals across different healthcare positions. Not sure about electronic communications though.

Would be nice to have more opportunities to connect and learn from each other!