Premed 101 Forums

Getting destroyed in 2290

Hi everyone,

I'm currently getting destroyed in Bio 2290 (methods). 

I work very hard in this course and keep up with all the tasks that I have to do. However, the marking is so subjective and arbitrary that I get fucked on every quiz and can't ever get anything above an 80.

I don't know what to do because I feel like I'm going to get a 75 or something in this course.

What should I do? Any way to improve my performance in this course?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

What unit are you in? All of them are 90+able but I agree it is a stupid course; see if you can get a lab book from someone who took the course last year. Submit early for the G unit bonus marks, and make sure you have a good group for Kraj and don't lose stupid marks like a group member not asking questions during the final presentation. Ask around about the exam and know the resource manual inside and out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2018 at 11:36 PM, a7x said:

What unit are you in? All of them are 90+able but I agree it is a stupid course; see if you can get a lab book from someone who took the course last year. Submit early for the G unit bonus marks, and make sure you have a good group for Kraj and don't lose stupid marks like a group member not asking questions during the final presentation. Ask around about the exam and know the resource manual inside and out.

I am about to start the Gray unit. I did poorly on the Krajnyk unit, but I did well on all the other units (90+ on all others except the Krajnyk unit).

How bad is the exam?

Cheers.

16 hours ago, musicboy said:

I am about to start the Gray unit. I did poorly on the Krajnyk unit, but I did well on all the other units (90+ on all others except the Krajnyk unit).

How bad is the exam?

Cheers.

On the easier side, but make sure you know the manual inside and out and especially understand anything that is math based, K unit is like the quizzes.

Archived