Premed 101 Forums

Does UofT have student health/dental insurance?

Guest Ollie

• 1 year later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118446440</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>Y</thread>

<threadtitle>CHUBBY: to answer your question regarding grad applicant</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>mydream88</username>

<dateline>1086282660</dateline>

<title>CHUBBY: to answer your question regarding grad applicant</title>

<pagetext>Hey Chubby,

I started a new post to answer your question because I don't think the section titled "rejected/accepted/waitlisted" is for posting anything other than rejections/acceptances and waitlist results.

When you apply to U of T as a graduate student, you are able to submit an extra package to the school by Jan. 15 (check this year's upcoming deadline) which includes:

1) your grad school transcript

2) a CV

3)three more letters of reference, including one from your graduate supervisor

4)a letter from your grad supervisor indicating when your thesis is expected to be complete

from what i understand, all of this is taken into consideration. It all, combined with the information you already submitted for the October deadline, helps form your "score" (which is comprised of a non-academic component (essay+ref letters+Extra currics+publications) and an academic component (GPA and potentially MCAT though I think the MCAT score is just used as a flag)

I have heard that one may be pooled with the undergraduate applicants if your grades are competitive enough or based on publications and other non-academics, one could be placed wiht the graduate pool. It's hard to tell which way you'll go, I'll never know about myself :) No matter, either way, if your application score is high enough then you are granted an interview.

good luck Chubby,

I wish you all the best,

mydream88:)

Archived