Premed 101 Forums

Subjects with Letter Grades

Guest UofT Student

Guest UofT Student

For those of you who have taken courses at UofT that give students letter grades on their essays and tests, how was your number-mark calculated for your transcript?

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118446920</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>Y</thread>

<threadtitle>completing graduate requirements</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>aberza</username>

<dateline>1115504880</dateline>

<title>completing graduate requirements</title>

<pagetext>To those of you current U of T Medicine students who did a graduate degree before being admitted to U of T (or anyone else that can help), I have a question about the following policy:

"Please note that we expect you to have completed all requirements for your graduate program prior to June 30, 2005. Should you be offered a place in our M.D. program, such offer would be conditional on successful completion of your graduate program requirements by this date."

While I expect that I should be able to meet this deadline without a problem (the lab I am in is closing on the same date, June 30th, so my supervisor is 110% in favour of meeting this deadline), I am a little worried that administrative delays may hold me up a bit.

I will have my thesis submitted and my Master's seminar (here at McGill there is no Master's thesis defense) by June 30th. However, if there are minor corrections to be made to my thesis, things could drag on a bit into the summer. I don't know about other graduate programs, but the administration at McGill goes into slow-motion in the summer.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Procuitto

Hey Aberza,

I wouldn't worry too much. I hear (it's somewhere in the posts here if you want to read through), that TO is really good about allowing you to defer should the admin slow things for you........which I don't think it will come to. I think the June 30th deadline is fairly flexible. If you are worried I would call Leslie Taylor yourself (when and if you receive and invite), and explain your concerns to her. I hear she is super nice.

I am presently trying to study for my committee presenation (ah!)...so of course, I'm feeling the injustices of the world hearing that you don't have to do one.!....you lucky bum!

Good luck with all that admin @#%$.....I know, it's SO frustrating!

Take care,

Proscuitto

Guest aberza

Procuitto,

Thanks for your comments. I will follow this up with LT if I get an offer.

Any current UofT students out there who have experienced a similar thing?

Aberza

Guest aberza

Procuitto,

Good luck with your committee!

Just remember, there's nothing wrong with answering, "I have no idea".

A

Archived