Premed 101 Forums

LETTERS ARE IN!

Guest purplefairy13

Guest purplefairy13

Hey Guys,

I just got my acceptance letter to UofT (large manila envelope)!!! :rollin :lol :rollin

See you in September!!!

PuRpLeFaiRy13

Guest happy2bme

way to go purplefairy I was really gunning for you after the UofC disapointment, but UofT I believe was your first choice so fantastic!!!!!

Guest skofu

yeah i got one of those too. got to love the big brown envelope!

from the curriculum info, sounds like we'll see everyone in august. good luck to everyone waiting!

s.

ps: i'm in Toronto - i live about a 20 min walk from the school.

Guest Koomi

Just wanted to let you know I'm rooting for ya~ ;)

You were a great help for me on the UBC board, and I hope you DEFINITELY get into U of T!

Guest patentforamenovale

Hi guys...Im in too!!! Im almost surely going to come to Toronto, so the Ottawa and Queens waitlists are going to be moving pretty soon....GOdd luck to all waiting! Any Toronto students in the GTA: lets all get together!

Guest shudvbeenafarmer

CONGRATS TO ALL THOSE ACCEPTED!

Has anyone gotten bad news?

I'm in TO still waiting and getting ansy. The good news from Ottawa yesterday made me sooo happy and I'll be so excited to go but I just want to know if I'll be lucky enough to have a choice!

I am wondering if anyone got bad news from U of T b/c I was wondering if they sent them in batches. I admit this is probably silly but at Ottawa the acceptance emails were sent out before the others so I wondered if U o fT maybe did the same with snail mail...

Thanks guys.

Farmer

Guest kahone

congrats patent!

STill waiting in Kingston. ugh...and I thought driving 2 1/2 hrs down the 401 was painful - waiting 2 1/2 days is going to be killer. One the upside I've stopped biting my nails...not enough left!

K

Guest studentz

I'm in too! The mailman came at 10 yesterday and when I didn't see him I had to go outside and wax my mom's car to distract myself. When I saw him walk up the driveway with the letter I almost lost it!

I'm about to pull myself off the Queen's waitlist, and then I'll have to choose between UWO and Toronto (I think I'll give up my Manitoba spot, despite the cheap tuition). I'm leaning towards UofT but I want to see if I get any $$ from UWO.

I live just East of Scarborough.

Wow...this is crazy. After all kinds of crazy s*** happening around my first year, which I bombed, then wondering how the hell I'd make myself competitive after seeing the avg. stats...beer will be flowing tonight!!

Guest skofu

i'm into the plan of getting together sometime in the GTA. however, my summer now looks like a helluva mess with travel plans. in any case, let's wait until more people nearby and interested hear from U of T one way or the other.

s.

Congrats to everyone who got the good news today!

I came home to a bill from Bell and let out this big sigh.. then looked over to my neighbour's mailbox and saw a large manilla envelope.. historically my mailwoman's made this mistake, too many times *mad*.. so I walk over tachycardic, and realize it IS for the neighbour. LOL I guess I'll go through all this again tomorrow. :)

Hey all, congratulations on all the good news. Unfortunately, I am with OT6 on this one and have not heard. Hopefully I will hear tommorrow and be able to report back with some positive news, but we'll see!!! Anyways, I hope you are getting ready for the roller hockey season studentz, it'll be a doozy!!!

TS

Guest CTU24

Good job to all!!! The beer will be flowing for you guys indeed. The letters are in the mail so be patient...acceptances will flow the entire week...yes, later in the week does not equal bad. Here's hoping to a good U of T-ezboard %.

Hopefully I'll see all of you in August. If you're lucky enough to have a decision feel free to ask Qs on this board so I can convince you to join the U of T family before I begin wandering aimlessly throughout Canada for the summer.

CTU24

Guest shudvbeenafarmer

ya i totally know that later in the week does not equal bad. i just lost my sanity for a sec there. it happens in weeks like this don't you think?

thanks all...

Farmer

Guest studentz

hey TS, if I choose Toronto I'll have to contact a buddy who works at sport chek to see if I can get a discount on some new inlines or something!

CTU24...since you were kind enough to offer, in all honesty, how much standing around doing nothing is there in 3rd and 4th year and if you did any rotations with students particularly from Western, did you notice that big of a difference? Also, as a UofT student, do you think you would have benefited from having all your electives plus the full med and surg clerkships done before carms? The much publicized responsibility that Western clerks have as well as the elective scheduling are really the only things keeping me from immediately accepting Toronto's offer.

Oh yeah...a part of the admission package mentioned a new longitudinal research option (CAREMS???) that included 2 summers of research that continued. Do you know if "continue" simply means students have to use elective time or have they worked out some way to get research into the curriculum in some other way?

Thanks a lot!

Guest bfong07MD

i'm in the same boat as studentz.....will definitely be pulling myself off the waiting list at Queen's though, and for those on the Mac wait list, you'll definitely be moving up a spot too....

Guest ttryit

Hello All,

It would be *super* helpful to those of us still waiting if you could post your general coordinates when u receive your letters!

tt

Guest aberza

I am in Montreal. I was actually expecting to get some type of letter after the weekend. I've lived in four provinces, and in my experience, Canada Post can be a little random and unreliable at times. Hang in there guys... I hope you all get good news soon.

A

Archived