Premed 101 Forums

LETTERS ARE IN!

Guest purplefairy13

Guest byronique

Got my waitlist this morning (10 am), TO resident. The killing waiting game just began...:eek

Just out of curiosity, are most ppl actually get waitlisted, or are there significant # of rejections??

Guest shudvbeenafarmer

I got the amazing envelope in the mail this morning.

I too, am speechless.

What a week. I never in a million years thought I would have a choice of medical schools in Canada.

To those not getting the answer they want, take it from me, keep trying and never stop believing in yourself. Yes it's cheesy but it's so d**rn true.

Third time's a charm it seems.

Thanks for always listening EZ board. Man, I'm a babbling fool right now....

:P

-Farmer

ps. I'm a TO resident at Yonge and Eglinton

Guest k2278

YAY!! I'm in...decisions get really hard now!!

I second that shudv....never in a million years thought it would be like this..I keep pinching myself!

Guest pinkgal

I almost freaked on my mailman today! He stopped a few houses away to chat with a neighbour a few houses down and it took everything in me to not run up to him before he got to my driveway. I was trying to guess at the size of the envelopes in his hands from down the street and by the time he got to my driveway I was all "you don't have any big envelopes! Med School acceptances come in big envelopes!" He just looked at me funny and walked away. I've been stalking him since the letters from Dalhousie came the beginning of May. No UofT letter today. He'll have to deal with me again tomorrow. Guelph mail is so slow! If I have to wait through the weekend it just might kill me!

Guest GradApp

I am completely shocked to be posting this news, but I got the lovely big envelope this morning! :rollin :rollin :rollin

I still can't believe it, this is truly the greatest honor I've ever experienced. To everyone on the waitlist, I hope it moves a record amount this year! And to everyone who didn't get in this year, please keep trying if it's what you really want to do; it will happen for you! (Trust me, if I got in, you can for sure! Just do 2 grad degrees, hee!)

I can't believe in 3 short months we will have the privilege of meeting patients and learning all this new stuff! Too awesome. I can't wait to meet you all; see you in August!

:)

Guest GradApp

Hey Astroboy, thanks so much! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you; I'm sure you'll hear tomorrow (you're in Toronto, if I remember right?) - Lots of good envelope karma coming your way :)

Guest shudvbeenafarmer

Thanks so much Ali

You are a total sweetheart. Now to decide but I think I pretty much know I'll stay in TO - but Ottawa's program is very appealing I must say. I'll call over the weekend. Please don't hate me for saying this but I have such a good good good feeling about you and Ottawa. I really do. I'm telepathically communicating that to Nicole.

:)

And purplefairy - congrats to you too! Thanks a lot!!!

Guest Angeliko

Hey guys! I've sorta been a lurker on this board from time to time. But I just got my letter from U of T last nite!!! And I am so ecstatic that I will be meeting some of you wonderful ezboard ppl in Sept!

To all of you still waiting/applying next year, keep at it! This was my third time applying and it's a dream come true. Good luck and God bless! :rollin

Guest docbil

Congrats to all..

but specificaly to GradAppl. (I followed your process more closely than others, since we have similar training.. in a way.)

Yeah 2 grad degree is all it takes.. wow. I will apply next year again and see what happens.

BA

Guest kahone
Yeah 2 grad degree is all it takes.. wow.

If only...

Thinveloped to the waitlist yesterday.

It's not a rejection but I laughed grimly nevertheless. 8o

K

Guest Procuitto

I GOT IN !!!! HOLY @#%$!!!! I STARTED CRYING UNCONTROLLABLY IN THE MIDDLE OF MY LAB WHEN MY MUM READ MY MAIL TO ME OVER THE PHONE!!!

Best of luck to EVERYONE! And thanks to all of you anonymous people out there that have supported me this year!!!

:rollin Proscuitto :rollin

Guest nucleardove

Wheeee!! Got accepted too!

Thanks for the good wishes, thatuvicguy (and babymama s.!)-- too bad it looks like I'll be ditching UBC in favor of the "Center of the Universe", aka Toronto.

Special yay to Grad App as well-- I met your super-nice self on interview day-- nice to see a fellow ezboarder + interviewee get in!!

OMSAS GPA 3.6~ and they still let me in, wahoooooo!

ND

Guest noncestvrai
I just received my admission letter this morning at 8:30.

I am speachless.

See you all in the fall.

Yeah, I passed by your office thursday, you were out, definitely speechless. Too bad, but congratulations!

Congrats to all too, GradApp, Farmer et al.!

noncestvrai

Archived