Premed 101 Forums

When is the MCAT assessed?

Guest Spicy Aam

Guest Spicy Aam

Hi Everyone,

I am just wondering if any applicant or moderator knows when in the application process the MCAT is assessed. Also, any idea when we hear about interviews?

Thanks and best of luck,

Spicy

Guest mydream88

Hi Spicy Aam,

I hope all is good! It would be great to have the moderator's answer to this question, however I will offer my opinion as to how the MCAT is utilized in the admissions process at U of T:

I think that it is used as a flag. To me, this means that applications are first checked for gpa and MCAT cut-off requirements. If they are not met, they are not looked at. Though, perhaps the moderator's could then explain how some people who have not met for example, MCAT cut-offs, still manage an interview. This fact may discount my theory entirely ;)

mydream88

Guest Biochem10

mydream88, I think you are right about U of T using the MCAT as a flag. As for people getting in with MCAT marks lower than the cut-off-- when I was applying, I was told that if one of the sections is below the cut-off that's okay. The overall application is really important for U of T, so if you're a little below the GPA cut off or a little below MCAT cut-offs (by 1 mark or something), don't worry--just concentrate your efforts on writing a kick-ass essay and improving other areas of your application.

Archived