Premed 101 Forums

waitlisted....

Guest cedar05

Guest cedar05

Hey guys,

I have been waitlisted.........and I guess they won't tell us our position. But at my interview someone told me that if you are at the bottom of the list they would tell you in your email. Is this true? Did anyone else hear this?

Thanks.

If you're on the bottom half, there's a line about chances of getting in being low that's not in the letter to "good" waitlistees.

Guest 24medgirl

I heard that too - Nicole said it during her talk. I've been waitlisted too. Happy it wasn't a full out rejection, but now more waiting.

Good luck to you!

Guest uoft Chemistry

yes OT6 is right........

here is the BAD wiating lists.....

Your name has been placed on a waiting list. However, I must inform you, that, given your rank on this list, you are unlikely to receive an offer.

:x

Guest 24medgirl

I think this is good waitlist?

Your application for admission to the Faculty of Medicine for the academic year 2006-2007 was carefully considered by the Admissions Committee. At the present time, offers have been made for admission in the Anglophone stream to the top one-hundred and seven (107) candidates on the list of excellence.

Your name has been placed on a waiting list. You will be notified by telephone or by e-mail communication if your name appears at the top of the list, should a vacancy occur before September.

Candidates on the waiting list will be notified by e-mail as soon as the class is filled.

Although the sequential order of the waiting list does not change, rankings will change on a daily basis as students confirm acceptances. For this reason, candidates are requested not to call our office for their ranking position since this information cannot be given.

If you are offered admission to another medical school (outside the province) and wish to withdraw your name from our list, please advise us in writing or by e-mail.

Guest uoft Chemistry

MAn, all i know is that its over......Dammit been putting 4 years on the line for this .............errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:x :( :| :o :x >:

Guest 24medgirl

OT6 - Is mine good waitlist? I think it is. What are the chances? How many do they waitlist good/bad? How many people usually defer to other schools?

Guest cedar05

So what are our chances of getting in once put on the good waitlist? Should I keep waiting or accept somewhere else? It is hard because I am not form Ontario and would need to find a place to live etc.

Thanks.

hey, ya i think thats the good waitlist, and they base the numbers for the good waitlist on previous stats on how far they go, so if this year resembles last year, then you've got a solid chance.

Guest cedar05

OT6, how long does it usually take to hear about the waitlist. Do the students only have 2 weeks to accept their offer?

Guest 24medgirl

Thanks OT6. You're the best. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'm not totally sad either.

Good luck to everyone.

there's hope, but very little, sorry. :(

waitlistess should start hearing in 2 weeks.. and it usually goes til mid july (2 weeks after provisional acceptances become firm)

Guest Talon01

There's a deadline for people to reply to their offers I think sometime in June. You will hear soon after that date for those of you on the waitlist. They usually make around 200 offers to fill up the seats (anglo and franco).

Guest Talon01

24medgirl:

As long as it doesn't say something like 'based on your position you are unlikely to receive an offer' (something like that) you can assume you're on the 'good' list.

Guest Talon01

thegamez:

TECHNICALLY there is still hope, but I think statistically throughout the years it's very very unlikely that they get into the 'bad' waitlist.

Guest Jooolia

Ottawa doesn't reject anyone - instead they place people on two types of waitlists - good and bad - as OT6 mentioned the number of people on the good waitlist is determined by previous stats. If you're on the good waitlist the chances are very good that you will receive an offer... Although the bulk of the offers for waitlisters will come out in 2 weeks, some will start coming out later on this week... As soon as a spot opens up, Nicole will contact the next person on the waitlist.

Good luck to everyone!

Guest spidey077

I'm on the good waitlist...so i've got some more waiting to do...like the rest of you!

maybe we'll all be there together next year!!!:)

Guest spidey077

I believe that the "bad" waiting list is also the "rejected" notices. I was looking back at some threads from last year, and one said that the candidates were split up as follows:

out of the 450 or some odd that had interviews, the 200 bottom ones were sent the "bad" waitlist email, 107 top ones were sent offers, and the rest in between got the "good" waitlist. so although not written in stone, it sounds like there were no actual "rejection" letters sent.

Guest 24medgirl

Does that mean that there are 100 people on the "good" waitlist? :eek I was kinda hoping that there would be ~30 or so!

Guest UOMeds06

To clarify:

Good Waitlisters:

There's a pretty good chance you'd hear from the U of O if you held out long enough. I can't say exactly how long it is worth waiting because there's no telling how far into the good list you are. But stay positive. Many people do get in off the good wait list.

Bad Waitlisters:

In the past few years, there have occassionally been a few people accepted off the top of that list. The fact that you've received this letter doesn't preclude you from getting an acceptance at some point. If you get an offer from another school though, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take them up on it. But there IS still some hope.

Acceptees:

Congrats! Wish i could say I'd see you in the fall, but I'll be long gone by then! Whoo hoo!

Cya!

UOMeds06

Guest doctor robot

Anyone know if the French stream has 'good' and 'bad' waitlists? I couldn't see anything 'bad' in the waitlist message that they sent me.

Archived