Premed 101 Forums

What kind of stores are located at the stadium shop ctr?

Guest Ninja Star360

Guest Ninja Star360

Hi

I'm just wondering what stores are located at the Stadium Shopping Ctr that is right next to the University Heights?

Cheers

Guest Lurkergonepublic

Well, I'm pretty sure that's the little strip mall accross from the med school, and there's not much there. A few places to eat out, a bank, a cat lovers store... there's nothing for groceries there unless you want to shop at MACs or the drug store. If you have a car or are willing to shop via bus, you can catch the "20 Northmount" from the street adjacent to the mall and go to Brentwood (10 minutes on the bus I think) where there is a Safeway and a pile of other stores. Ask around at O-week and I'm sure you'll find plenty of advice from people who live or have lived in the area. Congrats and Good luck.

Guest Qwigley

I've actually moved up to Edmonton, but when I lived in Calgary (in Patrician Village - kitty-corner to the hospital and beside this stip mall) there was an organic food store, a bakery, a MACs, a drug store, a bank (maybe Scotia??), a Mr. Sub, a drycleaner, and Hi-Ball restaurant (chinese). Right on that corners there's also,a Shell station, Luciano's (very good Italian restaurant), Wendy's and the Keg.

When I'd go to the bakery the lady would often give me free stuff and you can get 10% student discount at the food store but the prices are also higher than you'd find at Safeway. There's that small, family owned business feeling to most of the stores there.

When I'd get groceries though, I'd take the C-train (from Banff Trails (~10 min walk from hospital) to Lion's Park (one stop away)) and hit up the Safeway there. The mall there is pretty weak though.

Archived