Premed 101 Forums

Should I rewrite the MCAT

Futuredr

I’ve written the MCAT twice.  The first t3, my score was awful, something like 497 and the second time, my score improved to 508 ( 129 CP, 124 CARS, 125 BB, and 130 PS). My gpa is 3.67 and I’m applying in province to u of c (min is 3.2) and u of A (min 3.3 and 124 on all MCAT sections). My ECs are pretty good I think... lots of advocacy for access to health Clare in rural Alberta (for the elderly) and varied executive positions in clubs and student government. 

This is a pretty straightforward situation. Your CARS score counts you out of UofT, Western, Mac, Manitoba, Saskatchewan. It still meets the cut-off for Dal and UBC. If you want to increase your chances to other schools you'll need a higher CARS (125 for UofT, 126+ for Queens, and 128+ for Western, Mac, Manitoba (517+), and Saskatchewan (520+)) 

In reality, however,  Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Mac are extremely competitive for OOP so I wouldn't retake it for them. However, you could see some love from UofT, Queens' and Western if you meet their cut-offs. I would apply to Alberta and Calgary with your current score and see how it turns out. If you don't get in, then I'd redo that MCAT and apply more broadly.

On 5/22/2019 at 1:37 PM, Futuredr said:

I’ve written the MCAT twice.  The first t3, my score was awful, something like 497 and the second time, my score improved to 508 ( 129 CP, 124 CARS, 125 BB, and 130 PS). My gpa is 3.67 and I’m applying in province to u of c (min is 3.2) and u of A (min 3.3 and 124 on all MCAT sections). My ECs are pretty good I think... lots of advocacy for access to health Clare in rural Alberta (for the elderly) and varied executive positions in clubs and student government. 

rewrite.