Premed 101 Forums

Final Transcript + GPA

Guest diakonos

Guest diakonos

What are the conditions for an offer of admission? Do you have to meet a GPA cut in your final year? Do you have to maintain an overall GPA of some sort?

If anyone has concrete facts from the office please share them!

Thanks.

Your GPA this can't be no more than 0.5 below your application wGPA.

i.e. if your wGPA at application was 3.85, then you need to have a 3.35 this year.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest uoft Chemistry

Hey OT6,

I was wondering where it's possible to find this info on the annual avg policy cause I searched their guidlines and can't turn up w/ it. I only ask because I experienced some personal difficulties that may not allow me to hold up to the 0.5 thingy since I had a very strong GPA to begin with, do they make exceptions if you have legitimate reasons?....

Guest Talon01

They told me that since I wasn't currently enrolled in any required courses after my acceptance that it did not matter what grades I received. In fact, I dropped out and my transcript shows me as not even officially completing my semester.

Guest uoft Chemistry

Hey guys,

I checked with admissions today, the thing OT6 said about being no more than 0.5 below is true. i.e. if you applied with a 4.00 (which many do) then an annual 3.50 is required at the end. That's OMSAS scale.

Guest Wellington16

so, just to be clear, do we still have to keep our GPA up even if we are in 4th year? Or, is that just for 3rd years applying with only 2 years worth of marks?

• 1 year later...

I just received an offer of admissions and I was wondering if someone could help me out a bit with the conditions of the offer.

I'm currently finishing up my master's thesis and taking 2 prereq courses through distance education. In my letter of admissions, they state the following conditions :

- meet all prereqs. before the beginning of June

- reception of official transcript by University of Ottawa by June 29th

- successful completion of the academic year (ok, the word completion isn't there, I'm translating from french, so litterally it would be translated as "passing the present year" or something like that).

Basically, right now, finishing up the 2 prereqs before the beginning of June is going to be challenging, although I know I can do it. What I'm worried about is whether they require that I complete my thesis before the beginning of June too, or just the courses. I have to admit I don't actually think I could finish both my thesis and my courses in 1 month, no matter how much I would like to. Does anyone have an idea on weather they expect that? I can totally finish it this summer and I intend to do so no matter what...but before June would just be too fast.

I'll probably call them and ask soon, but I was wondering, before I do, if anyone has any personal experience with this or any advice...

Thanks!

Julie,

The only information I can offer you is regarding the master's thesis. Although I know nothing about the CNFS stream so not sure this even applies to you. They only care about you finishing your grad degree if they reviewed you under the grad student policy. If they did not consider your grad degree in reviewing your application, then they only care about what they reviewed, namely your undergrad degree including pre-reqs. For CNFS, did they ask you for grad material/information? If so, you are required to finish by a certain date (prob the one they gave you). I was reviewed in the undergrad pool, so they neither know nor care if i have a grad degree (or even ever finish it - which im also hoping/praying to do this summer). Not sure if this helps but congrats on your admission and good luck completing before June!

Thanks so much, eise!

I was reviewed under the undergrad policy... CNFS isn't related to that. The only place where I wrote I'm doing a master's is in my autobiog. sketch (under education or something, I added something like "master's, ongoing", somewhere). So completing my thesis shouldn't be a requirement?

:D Awsome :D

Thanks so much, eise!

I was reviewed under the undergrad policy... CNFS isn't related to that. The only place where I wrote I'm doing a master's is in my autobiog. sketch (under education or something, I added something like "master's, ongoing", somewhere). So completing my thesis shouldn't be a requirement?

:D Awsome :D

It shouldn't be but i'd obviously double check with admissions to be sure.

Archived