Premed 101 Forums

Tuition next year is about 6850 for each of fall and winter

Guest windymountain2003

Guest windymountain2003

Anyone know what tuition is going to be for the 06/07 year in medicine at the U of C?

Thanks,

WM

Edited:

I just checked on Info net and my bill is already payable for the 2006/07 year!:

"Tuition fee increases for 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 have been paid for by the Government of Alberta.

Undergraduate tuition has been reduced by $62 per half course, or $310 per session, for 5 half courses.

For further detail on this and reductions in all other programs, click FEES."

The fall session is apparently:

$ 8,343.39 but Klein is paying almost $2000 dollars of this for each med student, so the fees look like they will be about $6850 per session. That means he is paying close to $4000 per medical student, which is a huge amount and very much appreciated!

Guest happy2bme

For the first years who are accepted this cycle, when typically are their fees due? The start date is around Aug 2, 2006, are the fees due the same time as other undergraduates at UofC that start in September???

Guest happy2bme

Hey Windy I checked the Medicine Fees page on the main Uof C site. The figure you stated 8300ish is BEFORE the government rebate, the real amount you'll be paying is in the 6800 or something close (Ican't remember the exact amount the website stated the student pays)

So contact UofC because they obviously have billed you incorrectly. Or the UofC fee page for Medicine is wrong, hopefully it is the former!

Guest windymountain2003

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying. That is great news... it means that the $4000 clerkship stipend we get in our last year won't be used up in increased tuition! They must have really erred on my bill because they also told me I owe a 100 deposit and apparently that only applies to the incoming class.

WM

Guest puddlediver

re the following:

I checked the Medicine Fees page on the main Uof C site. The figure you stated 8300ish is BEFORE the government rebate, the real amount you'll be paying is in the 6800 or something close (Ican't remember the exact amount the website stated the student pays)

does this rebate apply to out of provincers? was it a one time shot and in no way relevant to people starting in the fall?

cheers

Archived