Premed 101 Forums

Final days...

Guest CrazyKath

Guest CrazyKath

Hey team,

I know it's been a long wait for many of you and according to my Calgary watch... literally one day to go.

Best of luck to everyone, especially those of you I met on interview days and those who are old hat at ezboard.

I'll have my fingers crossed for you!

~K~

Guest lookgoodinscrubs

Hi Guys,

One year ago today I wrote a journal to record my thoughts prior to getting accepted to medical school. I included a few of the reasons that I wanted to get in, what I expected to get out of it and how I would spend my summer provided that I was accepted. The last year has been a great time and I have often looked back to remind myself why I chose this path.

I'm sure you are figity and nervous about the pending news, so I suggest that you use your time to record your thoughts also. Many of you are going to start the path to becoming doctors tomorrow. It is a great ride and I wish all of you luck.

LGIS (tuatara)

Guest fizzicyst

LGIS, that's so sweet... I'm getting all misty ;)

Serriously tho, good luck all.. hopefully we'll see you for O-Week in a few months... if I don't get eaten by giant mosquitos during my elective this summer...

Fizz.

BTW, Wylie, the old foosball table was slightly fixed up sometime this year so there is now only one headless player but I'm sure a second table would still be a welcome addition!

Ok.. back to endocrine :x

Guest medsmurf

Well, I just got back from vacation. I can't believe I've stayed away from the forums for 3 weeks! I know Calgary and most other schools have stated the release date is May 15 but I thought for sure everyone would find out before I got back. At least with being away I have managed to keep my mind off of it but today I'm going crazy. I just keep pacing around the house and not doing anything productive.

I am way more nervous this year as a re-applicant than I was last year :o

Do you think they'll send out rejections this year or do what they did last year and waitlist pretty much everyone who didn't get out right accepted?

Good luck to everyone tomorrow, I'm sure these boards will be a flurry of activity. I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep at all tonight :)

Guest mg83

I picked up a double shift at the hospital so i'll be good and tired when i get home so hopefully i'll be able to sleep. My sister is also dragging me to a bridal bootcamp at 6 in the morning tomorrow so i'll be up super early.

Good luck to everyone. I'm just dreading the anxiety of tomorrow. I just hate knowing that there is a good possibility that i'll be completely depressed tomorrow. Hopefully that won't be the case though....In some ways I wish this day could last longer....there is still hope for everyone today:p

Hope everyone can find a way to relax....one more sleep...or lack thereof:eek

Guest btrots

Hey all.

Just wanted to drop in to wish you all the best of luck before I hit the books for the day/night.

Feels like it's only been a couple months since us Tuataras were in the same position. It's been a great year, and besides the obvious exhaustion that seems to be setting in now, I still usually see the same passion and motivation that was there on day one (no matter how much people, including myself, enjoy @#%$ during the busy times). I, for one, despite studying day in and day out on this final stretch, still find myself smiling while walking to get food during a study break...still happy as hell to be here, and I'm sure you will be too.

So, hang tough! The end/beginning is near, hopefully for most of you...and if it doesn't work out this year, don't give up! I'm sure I don't have to tell you how diverse our class is (age/background/etc), so it would be ridiculous to ever conclude that you missed the boat...

Looking forward to seeing the new class in August, I only hope you're half as freakin cool as our group is... ;) (On the first day of O-week, I'll be the guy stumbling around that looks like he hasn't slept or been sober since mid-July...)

b

Guest CrazyKath

It's probably an opportune time to tell all of the hopefuls out there that it is in no way a cake walk. Although it seems like the only thing you want right now is that acceptance letter, there are some really serious downfalls that go along with being accepted.

Like dealing with btrots.

He constantly forces me to re-evaluate my life choices.

hahaha j/k. Love the guy.

Did I alleviate any tensions for a second? No? Fine.

I tried.

Guest try2dstress

your class is so sweet :)

by far the most caring and energetic class I met during interviews! Thanks for the support on interview day and on the boards, it's definitely made waiting easier!

Guest Win2002

just a heads up to you foosball players

fizzicyst cheats...

i'm just not sure how but he does it...

and good luck tommorrow ! (as long as you wish us the same on Thursday - hey nothings free)

Guest wylie348

Well, with foosball and hockey to de-stress - I am sure it will be awesome, regardless of all the effort!

Looking forward to it!

:D

Guest bigmac

Good luck ladies and gents. I look foward to meeting you. For those of you that make it, start looking foward to O-week. Just stay away from Trots and Kath, they are bad influences, unlike myself. I'm sure they would agree with me :| .

Oh, and Wylie, how about instead of a foosball fund we make it a "Tuatara beer fund". We'll talk.

Guest Jerika81

Hopefully you're all sleeping by now and dreaming of the big things tomorrow might bring, but I just wanted to say good luck to you all (cause lets face it, that's really what it's all about):)

Guest rebel spirit

I'm getting all geared up to start my applications for next year and read through threads such as this to keep myself motivated - reading through this thread I feel so excited for all of you! Best of luck to you!

Archived