Premed 101 Forums

Assuming they call, where/what will you be doing May 15?

Guest happy2bme

Guest happy2bme

I know it's a big assumption that we would be called, or emailed for that matter... I thought it would be fun to see where everyone will be during the day of May 15th! Of course if they change to snail mail, this thread is for naught!

Me first...

I 'll be in calgary at work with my laptop in my private office set to this website checking for updates when I have a break!!

Since I won't be at home and won't be able to take calls on demand while working I'm leaving my contact info as my home phone so I 'll be checking my messages every chance I get.

Hopefully someone will be doing something more interesting or dramatic than me!!

Guest Lurkergonepublic

I'll be at work and I'm planning on not noticing that it's May 15th so I'm not even thinking about it when my wife phones to tell me Adele called, or I get a fortunate email. If I have any will power at all I won't even look at this website until the next morning, or until I've heard something. What are the odds of that working out as planned...

Guest happy2bme

The odds of your scenerio of you staying away from the board on May 15th are..........not very good. No matter what the outcome it is very exciting seeing everyone post their happy/devasted/inconclusive news regarding the application results!

Lurker, I think it's time you paid another visit to Adele at the beginning of next week if the website hasn't changed and see if notification will be telephone/email/ snail mail, since they still haven't changed the website to let us know. They said not to phone or email them. but nothing was said about a friendly "just walking by, I thought I'd ask" type of inquiry. LOL

ahhh only 12 more days till some sort of info!!

Guest Jochi1543

I'm not expecting anything this year, but on May 15th I'm going to the Bodyworlds exhibit, and I'm really excited!:P

Guest try2dstress

ooh i went to body worlds in Toronto..well worth it, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! What city is it in that you'll see it Jochi?

Guest Jochi1543

St. Paul/Minneapolis.:)

I bought tickets for myself, my father, and my man, but now that idiot drove me into a complete fit of rage, so it's possible that one ticket will be up for grabs!:evil

Guest btrots

I saw Bodyworlds in Kyoto. Pretty cool, some of the dissections blew my mind. Shame I couldn't read any of the explainations though. Hafta check it out again sometime, but in an English-speaking country.

Guest CrazyKath

Definitely worth it. I saw it in Toronto and it was unbelievable (especially for the nerdy inclined as I proudly am)

Trots go study endo!

~K~

Guest muchdutch

odd coincidence - I just read about that and the procedure used to do it in a book. yesterday. wierd.

If you're interested:

Stiff - The Curious Lives of Cadavers by Mary Roach

Guest try2dstress

Thought I'd start this thread up again...to pass the time and also because maybe people have a better idea of where they'll be less than a week from now!

On May 15 I'll be cooped up inside the outpatient ward at the local hospital from ~9-4ish. No cellphones, no internet. It's both a good and bad thing; saves me from refreshing my e-mail and this forum every two seconds...but definitely will let the anticipation build up. I hope it's good news at the end of the day!

Good luck to all!! Together we can help each other keep our sanity until May 15... :P

Guest grobz

I'll be sitting in the library at UBC in Vancouver, waiting while my wife defends a portion of her doctorate degree. I will be refreshing like a mad-man, then crying, then refreshing, then if I get in, spending some serious money (for once) on some serious steak and lobster in Van city.

grobz

Guest mg83

My plan is to buy a pint of my favorite ice cream so that i can either drown my sorrows or celebrate. I have to go to bridal boot camp with my sister at 6 a.m so i'll be plenty hungry all day.

Archived