Premed 101 Forums

Ranking and Chances

dduk

I got rejected pre-interview last cycle and just received my ranking:

Academic: 230/782 (top 30%)

Non Academic: 292/ 782 (top 38%)

Assuming that my academic score stays relatively unchanged and my non-academic score improves a little bit, do I even have a chance of getting an interview in the upcoming cycle? Does anyone know what % you should be within to receive an interview?

This year for Qc-Uni : 819 (McGill website)

I believe some of these candidates were not eligible, hence the /782 you wrote. 

For that category 256 received an interview, so that is 33% (256/782). 

Knowing that the pre-interview score is : 70% academic and 30% non-academic, my opinion is that you have a fairly good chance of getting an interview. 

Best of luck ! :)

6 hours ago, liveyourdream said:

This year for Qc-Uni : 819 (McGill website)

I believe some of these candidates were not eligible, hence the /782 you wrote. 

For that category 256 received an interview, so that is 33% (256/782). 

Knowing that the pre-interview score is : 70% academic and 30% non-academic, my opinion is that you have a fairly good chance of getting an interview. 

Best of luck ! :)

I believe  they are an OOP candidate. They interview around 50 OOP candidate. Hence, you need to significantly improve your non-academic ranking to receive an interview. Also, do not forget about the academic context (10%). 

9 hours ago, MDDMD777 said:

I believe  they are an OOP candidate. They interview around 50 OOP candidate. Hence, you need to significantly improve your non-academic ranking to receive an interview. Also, do not forget about the academic context (10%). 

That makes a lot of sense as 782 is the number stated on McGill website. Thank you for the clarification. That being said, OOP needs to be approximately top 10% (top 7% last year) for getting an interview.