Premed 101 Forums

Weird U of C email?

Guest grobz

Guest grobz

Hey did any of you get this weird email today? It was sent to me twice in two minutes. I checked my online status, and nothing had changed. I hope I am not missing anything!!!

"Remember, it is your responsibility to ensure that the Office of Admissions receives your on-line application, must-sign form, $120 fee, official transcripts, MCAT scores and three letters of reference by November 01, 2005.

Due to the volume of mail which is received and must be input in the days near the deadline, we regret that we will be unable to respond to telephone and email enquiries regarding the completion of your application. We encourage you to check the status on-line as we will be updating this information as quickly as possible upon receipt of your documents. You should confirm with your referees and universities attended that the necessary documents have been sent.

We refer you to our website for information and will not respond to phone and email questions which are answered on the site.

Office of Admissions & Student Affairs,

Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary"

Guest Lurkergonepublic

Yes, I got it too (twice) just as I did last year when I was waitlisted. I have no idea why it's sent out ... seems like a little late to be checking that your stuff was in by November of last year...

I seem to remember getting a letter from OMSAS too last year saying the same thing, but it didn't come until the summer, looong after I got all my rejections. It must be some med school conspiracy to make you panic, or give false hope if you were already rejected. Or at least a reminder to have final transcrpits sent in if applicable...

Guest happy2bme

I remember last year it was a mistake and that it was sent to everybody, not just the lowely waitlisted....At least I'm keeping faith in that until I hear that 106 people didn't receive this email.

I tried to look back in my emails to see when it came out last year, but i must have deleted it!

Guest medsplease

Hey do you guys know if everyone got the e-mail last year (including those that were eventually accepted)?

Thanks!

Actually Happy I guess you already answered this for me.

yup, got it too. I was about to call the school and ask but then i decided to check here first. I'm glad this forum is around. It helps to not feel alone and share our communal knowledge. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Cheers.........26 days left!

Guest Lurkergonepublic

Somebody must have panicked and called, becasue they just sent out the apology email. Hey at least something happened today, right?

:P

Archived