Premed 101 Forums

UpToDate subscription - out of pocket?

Guest Da Birdie

Guest Da Birdie

hi guys

I'm an incoming family med resident to Calgary stuck in Kingston for another 1.5 months. Some of my classmates already got their UpToDate accounts and I'm thinking about getting it soon too (could be useful for LMCC studying?).

Does anyone know if UpToDate subscription expense is covered in Alberta? It is not in Ontario but i heard rumors that it might be so back in AB. I just don't wanna pay for it now only to find out it's covered later.

thanx!

Guest medsmurf

Hi there,

I know that the rural fam med programs in Alberta get UpToDate for free (at least Rural Alberta North does) but last I heard I don't think the urban programs get it. This may change though because I know there are a lot of complaints from the urban residents about all of the "extras" that the rural programs get. This is second hand info though so if you want to know for sure best to contact the specific program before you buy it as I don't think it's exactly cheap.

I have also heard that UpToDate is an excellent program. I know many residents who use it as their primary study tool.

Archived