Premed 101 Forums

File Review

Guest bioboy2007

Guest bioboy2007

Hi,

Does anyone have any information on how I can go about doing a file review of my application? Do I need to wait until August 2006 (i.e. when the class of 2009 has been finally accepted) until I can exercise the review?

Any information would be a great help.

Guest bioboy2007

Yeah, we sure can.

I stopped by the admissions office and Susan told me that it takes approximately 13 working days for the reviews to get to you and that the office will start sending them out after March 4th (once interviews are over) as they are really busy at the moment.

You need to fill out a form and take $15 in cash for the review.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest smurfette99

I looked around on the admissions website and have been unable to find the form to request the file review - do we just email admissions directly?

Guest bioboy2007

If you are in Calgary, just stop by the admissions office and Susan will give you a form to fill out. If you are out of town, e-mail the office. I'm not exactly sure how you will arrange payment, though.

Guest happy2bme

So for anyone inprov that had a file review, were you able to understand how they came to assess the GPA weighting?

It was your best two years last year(looked at preinterview), but this year it was all years looked at preinterview... I am just wondering how they scored, either an actual GPA(ie added up all your courses for all years and gave an overall GPA) score or did they just look at all your years and give the 1(poor)to 5(excellent) scoring system??

Thanks

Guest bioboy2007

Happy,

I had a chance to look at my review and for each of the components they weighted them out of what they were worth pre-interview (i.e. GPA/50, MCAT/15, EC's/25). It was interesting to see because the four reviewers each gave me different marks/50 for my GPA. My scores ranged by about 7 points on that section alone (i.e. between 33 and 40/50)

So, not completely sure how they determined the score...confused about the variability of an 'objective' measure, though...

Guest happy2bme

Interesting, did they give you a final total? I figure they averaged the ranking scores for each section and added up the averages and made some kind of Cut off # out of the 100 marks available. Anything like that on there?

Guest bioboy2007

I'm pretty sure that they made a final total, averaging the marks out of 100 for each reviewer. Not exactly sure what they used as a cut-off though, would love to know...

Archived