Premed 101 Forums

interview numbers

Guest alysha05

Guest alysha05

Hello,

Does anyone know how many students calgary is planning to interview, now that it's switched to an MMI format? McMaster almost doubled the number of students interview when they started the MMI so I'm curious if Calgary might do the same!

thanks,

alysha

Guest Jeesing

I heard the number of OOP interviews has been bumped up from 100 to 150, but i dont know about in province. I'd assume they would go up as well.

Guest kaymcee

Jeesing, your numbers are correct, but what they represent are not. In fact, there are less out-of-province students who are receiving an interview this year. Last year, the top 100 students based on the GPA-VR-BS algorithm were given an interview. This year, the complete files of the top 150 students based on the algorithm will be evaluated in their entirety, the top 85 students receiving an interview.

Guest ssc427

A further depressing thought is that although there might be more file reviews this year, there are likely several hundred additional OOP applicants due to the double cohort effect.

Guest ttryit

That is incorrect...U of C actually received a slight decrease in OOP applications this year as compared to last. The double cohort has not seriously increased OOP numbers.

//tt

Guest ssc427

tt - how do you know this? You seem to have many of these pearls of wisdom for several schools.

Am I just being a muppet and not looking it the right place?

Guest DancingDoc

Actually, apparently for OOP they only will be looking at the top 125 ranked applicants. (Got my rejection letter today:\ , and that's what it said)

Archived