Premed 101 Forums

Resident of Alberta???

Guest UBCGuyFromAlberta

Guest UBCGuyFromAlberta

Hi all,

I have a question about what UofC considers to be a resident of Alberta. I was born and raised in Calgary, living no where else except Edmonton for 2 months until this September when I came out to UBC to do undergraduate (I chose UBC undergraduate for a number of reasons). I will return to Calgary for four months of the summer to live and home and to work. I was wondering if I would still be considered out of province based on my undergraduate school, or if I would be considered an Alberta resident because I am home 5 months of the year (including summer, christmas, springbreak etc)? As much as I like the school here, I think by the time med-school comes I will be ready to go home and Calgary is where I intend to practise medicine.

Thank you in advance,

UBCGuyFromAlberta

Guest frogcanada

Hi UBC guy

According to U of C's admissions policies, you are considered an AB resident if you did at least two years of your high school education in Alberta. So you qualify as an AB resident.

FC :)

Guest UBCGuyFromAlberta

Awesome. I have looked at the policies outlined on the UofC Med Website but just wanted to verify that I had correctly interpreted it. Wouldn't want to get to the point of applying 2.5 years down the road and realize that I am, in fact, an OOP student competing for one of the few availible OOP spots. Thank-you frogcanada for your help.

UBCGuyFromAlberta

Archived