Premed 101 Forums

wait-list

Guest leafs123

Guest leafs123

hey

just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many people does calgary make offers to for the 15 spots to out-of-province applicants? and how many peeps is the wait-list?

thanks

leafs123

Guest Elaine I

Hi Leafs,

According to the last post on the subject in the Waitlist thread from last year, there were 85 OOP students on the waitlist. (It sounds as though everyone interviewed was either accepted or waitlisted, as I believe there were only 100 OOP students interviewed.) As of the end of June, admissions had gone through approximately 1/4 of the waitlist. There was movement after that point, but no information as to how many offers were made for the remaining spots.

Elaine

Guest CrazyKath

True true.

Calgary interviewed the "top" 100 according to their algorithm and then ranked those 100 after the interview scores.

They offered spots to the first 15 and then started working down the list.

No one was told where they were on the list (you either got a call/offer or didn't) and so far no word on how far down the list they made it!

Fun times :P

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

This is pretty speculative but I heard somewhere, for my year, that the waitlist wasn't dented too much. It's difficult to say, on average, how much a waitlist will be exhausted as many schools' waitlists seem to be used to different proportions each year.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived