Premed 101 Forums

MCAT scores and References outstanding?

Guest mirwat

Hello,

I keep checking the status of my calgary application online and it always says MCAT scores not received. I released my scores through AMCAS on October 14. I know that OMSAS has recieved them, so why hasn't Calgary? Is anyone in the same predicament?

Also, I know that two of my refrences have mailed out their letters, but one letter is still outstanding. Even though I've emphasized to my referee that it must be received by Novemeber 1st, he hasn't yet mailed it. I know that he will eventually do it, but I have no control on it arriving late. Will Calgary not accept a letter that arrives late? It seems unfair, especially considering that it is not in my hands.

Was anybody in this situation last application cycle? Will I be able to submit my application with one letter still outstanding?

Any response is greatly appreciated :)

Guest candace13

I released my score in the middle of September and they are still showing not recieved. My guess is that they go through them all at once.. after the deadline.

Guest kayak22

as far as MCAT issue - I also sent mine in mid september. The MCAT people showed that it was completed, however, it did not show up on the application system at U of C. I called U of C, and they told me that they get them in batches. When I called she found it in her stack and then put it online. I too am waiting for one more letter to get in...so I have called to see if they simply have had too many things to try to imput them all into the system online. My letter may just be hanging around in a pile of stuff!

good luck. - don't have a reply as to whether they will hold an application if anything is late. they may and they may not.

Guest Jeesing

My MCAT scores are displayed as received as of Oct 26th. I submitted them on October 14th. Seeing as the deadline is Nov 1, this may be something you want to inquire about. But i do not think it is a big problem seeing as so many people seem to be having the same problem.

Archived