Premed 101 Forums

Toronto Are Pre-School Get-Together?

Guest turtle

Guest turtle

ok, i know this idea's been thrown around in a couple of other threads, but i thought i'd put it out there on its own & see if there are any takers...

so who's up for a couple of drinks on a patio with their future classmates?

turtle

Guest turtle

ok, well, we've got three so far!!

i guess we should give it a few days to see if anyone else is interested, then we can try to arrange time/place...no rush for me -- i'm not headed to Kingston until Sept 1 anyway...

Guest turtle

ok, so now there are six of us...

what do you say -- should we start trying to arrange a date, or wait to see if more will join in?

i suggest next wed or thurs evening...

thoughts?

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum but I'm definitely looking forward to coming to Queens and meeting everyone.

If we're having a meeting in TO I was wondering if we could do it on a Friday? I'm working in London and I get back to Toronto on weekends. Either this week or next week is good.

If fridays aren't good for people that's cool I'll just meet u all in September. =)

Guest JustCurious

Hi all,

I'm fine with Wednesday.

However, maybe later in the week (ie. Fri or even the weekend??) would better to accomodate those interested who are coming from out of town?

Guest SilverHeart

Any night of the week (Wednesday or Friday) is good for me except not next Wednesday the 9th because I'll be away that week.

Guest haquer

Hey Guys!

Depending on how much work gets done this week, I may be able to make it down to Toronto on Friday. However, I don't really know Toronto that well (I'm coming from Hamilton) so if someone could give me really easy directions, I'd really appreciate it :) Can't wait to meet everyone!!

Rebecca

PS How many people are now in for this pre-gathering

Guest turtle

ok, so let's make it Friday then, since that seems to be better for most...

suggestions/preferences for location? i nominate the madison, future's, or the green room (all in the bloor/spadina area)...ooh, or ted's (college/bathurst area)...

i think we're up to 8 now!

Guest turtle

we should probably do it a bit later so that there's time for the people from out of town to arrive...

how about 8:00?

i think the madison would be great...although it may be difficult for us to find eachother given the size & all the different rooms...

Guest SilverHeart

If we're doing Madison, could we plan it for before 9pm? I think it's 21+ after 9 and I still have 2 months until I'm 21... haha kinda embarassing to ask but I don't want to worry about not getting in.

Guest turtle

so young!!! ;) (i'm 27...so will probably be on the higher end of the average age of the class, i'm assuming)

why don't we go to the Green Room instead -- drinks are relatively cheap & it will likely be much easier for us to find eachother. though, that is going to be an interesting task anyway, given none of us know how to recognize eachother! it's like group blind-dating :P

Guest haquer

Don't worry silverheart...I've got more than 2 months to go till im 21 :eek Stupid late birthdays, lol. So this green room...is it also in the bloor/spadina area?? Sorry, I usually get someone else to drive when we go to Toronto

Guest turtle

(wow, now i'm starting to feel old!!! :P )

yeah, the Green Room is in the Bloor/Spadina area. The entrance isn't on the street (it's off an alley-way) but it's not all that hard to find. The alley is the first "street" off Brunswick, just south of Bloor. (Brunswick is about 3 blocks West of Spadina.) There's a parking lot just across the street from the alley too. I'll post a little map tomorrow ('cause i've got to run in a minute)...

So, is everyone cool with that then: Green Room around 8:00 on Friday??? objections??

Looking forward to meeting you all!! :)

turtle

Guest brownie99

Thank god there's some other oldies out there - I'm 26 and was starting to get nervous about being surrounded by babes in the woods...no offense to the young'uns, I'm super-excited to hang with you all regardless of age (some of my best friends are ittie-bitties too), but its nice to know there will be some more "mature" pple around. So no worries turtle and B, we can sit in a corner together somewhere and reminise about how much better things were in 'the old days' (even though we had to walk to school 3 miles in the snow...up hill both ways) :rollin

Archived