Premed 101 Forums

Toronto Are Pre-School Get-Together?

Guest turtle

Sorry, I'm going to have to miss out on this get together since I'm leaving Friday to spend the weekend painting and moving into my new apartment in Kingston. Ironically, I live within walking distance to the green room but I guess I will have to wait until September to meet all of you. Have fun everyone!!

Anna

Guest turtle

too bad that you won't be able to make it Anna. I actually live within walking distance to the Green Room too (!) so feel free to PM me sometime when you're back if you want to meet up...or are you actually moving to kingston now for the rest of the summer...anyway, we'll all meet soon enough!

ok, so who's actually coming then?

Guest turtle

ok, here's the address & a map.

as for how to recognize each other...umm, well, let's see...i'm trying to think of what i could wear that's distinct enough to be easily identifiable...hmmm, ok, i have this top. it's shaped like a tube top but has strings that tie at the shoulders. it's teal coloured with a white band at the top & bottom & the strings are white too. in fact, it looks just like this, but the teal one. i will wear that.

wow, i feel so weird for having written that. there'd better not be any crazy internet stalkers lurking on this board. (note to internet stalkers: my apartment is guarded by a very large dog)

i'll get there right at 8 or a few minutes early to be sure to get a table & catch everyone as they arrive. if anyone wants my cell # in case they get lost or something, PM me.

see you very soon :)

Guest haquer

I'll be there provided that the weather isn't anything like it was last night. My boyfriend may join me if that's ok with everyone - I think he's just as excited as I am about starting at Queens. Oh, and thanx soo much for posting a map. Hopefully I'll see you all tomorrow :)

Rebecca

Guest silverbirdie

Oh really! Are we bringing significant others? My bf's been wanting to come too, so maybe I'll bring him along also :D

I (or maybe WE) will wait for you guys outside/in the lobby/waiting area/up front.

Guest antissa

Welcome Queens med 2010!

I'm in the 2009 class (<insert another plug for Meds House, the rockin'est place in Kingston), but I'm meeting some friends for drinks at the Labyrinth Lounge tomorrow night at 10. By sheer coincidence, it happens to be right next door. Anybody mind if I drop in for a few minutes to say hi? Can't wait to get a peek at y'all :D

As for how to recognize each other - last summer, some Torontonians in my class gathered at a restaurant and made the reservation for Queens med '09. That doesn't work so well for a bar/lounge, but if it's a nice enough place (never been there), maybe you could also ask the bartender/waitresses to point stragglers in your direction?

Guest turtle

the more the merrier! :) (it's ok with me anyway)

yeah, there are no reservations at this place, though we can try telling our waitress who we are in case anyone asks (or stands around looking lost). ok, so i guess we'll meet up outside around 8 & wait out there for a bit to try & catch as many of us as possible before going in...

see you tonight!

turtle

Guest haquer

Hey guys,

Sorry I am not going to be able to make it tonight after all; I have to be in London tonight :( Hope you have a great time though, and I guess I will have to wait until Sept. to meet everyone...nuts.

Rebecca

• 2 weeks later...

Archived