Premed 101 Forums

Kingston get-together?

Guest brownie99

Guest brownie99

Hey everyone.

I'm thinking we should have a Kingston get-together at the start of September when everyone gets here. I just can't wait til the 5th!!! :P So, is anyone up for that, and if so, when does everyone get into town? (I'm already here so it don't matter to me :) )

Guest sensfan

hey, i think i'll be arriving in town around september first cause that's when i have my place... so i'd love to do something with all you mega cool folks to get me away from assembling all my ikea furniture...

• 2 weeks later...

So, as I was saying before we were so rudely interupted by the forum change (jj, I think the new forum is spiffy!), we should have a uber-fun get-together before the official get-together begins! I was thinking Sat nite (the 2nd), but I am open to other suggestions. And if anyone can think of where we should go, again, suggestions = good. If the Grad Club is open, it might be a good and low-key place to go (slightly less nudity and jail-bait than stages or ajs, which might be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how the night goes!).

the 2nd works for me! i'm sure i will be a mess from running around all day fri & sat trying to get all moved in & organized, but, really, that's as good a reason as any to go out & unwind with a few drinks (and a few new friends!!)

wow...can't believe september's almost here...

lola

Hi guys,

This is my first post here, I actually just recently found this site! It would have been really helpful a few months ago... Anyway, if there's going to be a get-together around the 2nd I'd love to tag along... I will have just driven out from Nova Scotia, though, so I might not be my usual well-rested super-fun self :o

Looking forward to meeting everyone in Meds '10,

Rory

• 2 weeks later...

I'm definately still in....only 6 days til school starts and I just can't wait that long!!! :D So I was thinking the Grad Club might be a good place to meet. Its pretty chill, and even has outdoor seating for if the weather is nice. However, I am open to any other suggestions.

that works for me :) (though i don't really know kingston, so pretty much anything works for me)

got a time in mind?

just want to know the details before i pack up & go on friday, 'cause i'm not sure when i'll get internet access up in my new place...

Shall we say 9pm? For those of you who don't know, the Grad Club is at Union and Barrie - once you are on campus, it's not actually that hard to find. Union goes straight through the top part of the campus (Union and University is the major intersection with the student building (JDUC) and several large libraries at the corners), so you just follow it east until it ends at Barrie St. The Grad Club is the large house on the northwest corner - the one with all the tables outside and signs up etc. Anyone who's still confused feel free to msg me. As for being able to find eachother, I'm fairly easy to find. Just look for bright pink/red hair. :P See you Saturday!!

haha...that's funny: you will know me by my hair too!! (i'm not even going to try to explain it, but, believe me, you'll figure it out ;))

ok, awesome...9:00 then...

now it's time to finish up the last of my packing...looking forward to meeting everyone very soon!!

:)

lola

Hello all. It is official. I suck. Apparently the Grad Club has not gone to fall hours yet, and therefore it is NOT open. I checked, I was there. No open. So. Hopefully not many of you ventured out on this incredibly rainy night. And any of you who did, and are still perhaps looking for some fun, you can call me on my cell. 583, then 0023. You know the area code. I am so very very sorry. Very sorry. Very.

aww...too bad, you should have stuck around a bit. i got there just around 9 (i think it was about 9:02 to be exact -- i only know that 'cause i was timing how long it took from my place...5 minn! ;)) & was looking in the darkened windows when i ran into another person who came by for our little get together...alltogether 4 of us showed up between then & 9:15 or so & we went & found somewhere else to go...

nice to meet you all, by the way!!

brownie (and anyone else, for that matter!): if you still want to try to meet up sun or mon, i'd be up for it...post back, or feel free to email: turtle21(at)hotmail

sorry to miss you!

lola

tonight works for me...

as for place, i'm completely new to kingston so am of no help at all. last night we ended up at Tir Nan Og (i think that's how it's spelled!), which was good, except there wasn't much seating & it got really loud once the live band started. if they have live music tonight too, it may be better to try somewhere else...

Archived