Premed 101 Forums

Whats up Doc?

Guest ninjamissi

Guest ninjamissi

hey guys,

just curious...has anyone received their orientation package (whats up doc) from Queens yet?

I believe they go out sometime in july is that right?

Does anyone know more or less, what orientation week will entail? Im just so psyched to get started!!

enjoy the evening all!

ninjamissi:b

Guest ScoobyBill

I can't wait for that package to come - I'm just bursting with excitement. It's funny how I only want two things to happen right now: school to start, and Grey's Anatomy Season 2 to come out, why do they both have to happen in September ? >:

I am looking forward to getting my second Hep shot so I can send my Immun form in too!

Has anybody scored a fat line of credit?

>:

Guest QueensMSc

Settle down guys... the packages are on the way, and they will include your very own copy of the What's Up Doc.

In the mean time, you can stay current by checking the Orientation Website, AKA: the updated interview website.

meds.queensu.ca/students/.../index.htm

There's not much new information on it now, but it will be updated over the next week. Of course, we will only provide vague details, which should allow for an element of surprise.

Don't worry, it's going to be good. See you soon--you've got lots to look forward to.

Gregg

(Thanks Kate for the correction)

Guest turtle

ooooh, the packages are coming....very exciting! (hee hee!) :P

checked out the orientation site -- yeah, nothing too interesting up there yet, but i admit, just seeing that home page made it feel real to me. (yes, turtle, you are actually going to be in med school in 8 weeks!)

question for you guys: what is this immunization form & was there anything else important in the initial acceptance package you received? since i was on deferred admission (and already payed my tuition deposit when i was originally accepted), i didn't receive any kind of package at all this year...

thanks!

turtle

PS. i've never even seen Grey's Anatomy! am i truly missing out? i was never able to get into ER & have only caught a couple of episodes of House (not hooked on that yet either)....i know, i know: what kind of a premed am i?!....though i think i've seen just about every episode of Scrubs -- now THAT is the best show ever!! ;)

Guest FlamingSheep

Scrubs is definitely the best show ever, but I just got hooked on Grey's Anatomy this summer.

You should definitely give it a shot, if only for a certain doctor's mcdreamy hair (a feature of the show that viewers of all genders can appreciate).

Guest Dingalongdong

To Turtle: the initial package consisted of 3 documents.

1) Official Offer Letter

2) A form to be submitted to both Queens and OMSAS for you to firmly accept / provisionally accept / decline the offer.

3) Immunization form: Queens wants verification of your HB, TB, tetanus, zoster... immunizations. You will have to bring this form to your GP to get it signed.

Hope this was helpful,

Dingalongdong>:

Guest turtle

yeah, i'll definitely give Grey's Anatomy a shot one of these days...maybe try to catch up on last season & get ready for the new season in sept! (could always use one more excuse to procrastinate from studying!)

thanks, dingalongdong -- i guess i should give the admissions office a call & see if i can get one of those forms...

turtle

Guest sensfan

hey turtle, i must also HIGHLY recommend ER's early seasons - they are stuuuuuuuupendous. seasons 1-5 are out on dvd. my sister's in med school at u of t and she used to watch certain episodes to "study" for tests, hee hee.

Guest brownie99

You're all forgetting about House! Now that show is one of my faves!! He's so sarcastic and evil and wounded, I just can't get enough! Anyways, has anyone applied for bursaries yet? I've been trying, but I can't find my OMSAS number and apparently my former Queen's student number is not the same one the med school uses. Or am I just trying at the wrong site? Help? I'm trying to hold off on a line of credit as long as I can - I hate hate hate going into debt (even though its going to be unavoidable)!

So are any of you in town yet? I'm thinking we should have a little get-together. We could even start studying!!! We could be SUPER-GEEKS!! :rollin Although I guess that's kinda a given since we're in med school (god it still doesn't seem real, I still can't believe after all the work I put in I'm finally going to be in med school this fall!!). Hooray for super-geeks!

Guest turtle

i've only seen a couple of episodes of House -- and, i admit, with a few more i may be able to get into it....i think the block for me is that if you're talking about evil, sarcastic doctors, who nonetheless always prove that they have a good heart, no one can compare to Dr. Cox on Scrubs!! ahhh, i [heart] Dr. Cox... ;)

i won't be in town 'till Sept 1 ('cause that's when i get my new apartment, yay!), but i may make a stop in Kingston on my way back home (Toronto) after defending my thesis (in Ottawa)...probably sometime in August...

as an aside...if anyone lives in/around the Toronto area & feels like meeting up sometime, I'd be up for that too...

oh, and...YAY FOR SUPER GEEKS :P

turtle

(wow, can anyone tell i've been bored at work lately -- been spending way too much time on these forums

Guest FlamingSheep

Brownie: I was talking to the Life Sci secretary, and I thought she told me we keep the same student number, but I could be wrong...

I really don't want to memorize a new student number!

Also, I'd be up for some Queen's related get-together goodness.

I was told today by the Queens admission office that our student number and Qlink would remain the same as last year if we just graduated from Queens.

Anna

Guest brownie99

humm...has anyone who is a former queens student tried to apply for a bursary yet? every time i try they just tell me that they have no record of me and maybe the admissions office hasnt received my file yet. i wonder if it makes a difference that i wasn't a queens student last year - it was the year before.

Guest turtle

hey everyone,

so, the packages are arriving! mine came this morning (in Toronto) -- can't comment on what's in it as it's at my parents' place & i'll have to wait until I can make it out there to pick it up, but i just thought i'd pass on the good news.

go check your mailboxes!!

:D

turtle

Guest NeuroChick

Hey "turtle"

So cool to run into you in Kingston! Now there'll be at least one familiar face when school starts :) .

Just wondering, was your package sent by regular mail or express/priority post? I'm trying to figure out when to excpect mine over here.

BTW, as a huge fan of both House and Scrubs(Dr. Cox... ), I think you should definitely plan a House marathon. TV in the name of education...;)

Erin

(yet another proud SUPER-GEEK 8o )

Guest sensfan

sup y'all,

i got my package yesterday (in ottawa). another ottawa person i know got hers too. there's a lot of stuff in there, but i'm sure everyone will get theirs really soon so no point going into details.

Guest DrG2010

I got my package last week, SO EXCITING!!:rollin

Sensfan you slacker, march your butt down to Occupational Health and they'll do it all for free.

Looking forward to O-week activities, see you all soon!

Archived