Premed 101 Forums

Cut-Offs in Past Years?

Guest Who MD

Guest Who MD

I'm wondering what the cut-off for "last two years' grades" has been in the past? I know this past year it was 3.78. But before that?

My application will depend on me making this cut-off, so I want to know if about 3.78 again is what I should count on (in which case I won't apply) or if historically the number has bounced around a bit (in which case, I might have a chance).

Thanks for your help!

Guest jaegwon

In the few years I've been paying attention, I don't think the GPA cutoff has ever gone down. Previous to the 2006 application cycle, the 2 year cut was the same as the cumulative cutoff. For 2005, they were ~3.65-3.68 (I don't remember the exact number).

Guest Apraxis

Has the cut-off fluctuated in recent years or has it progressively increased over the years?

I hear that it was 30O last year.

Guest jaegwon

If my memory serves me correctly, the required overall MCAT score has never fallen, but the trends for the individual section scores have been more variable.

If you want to know definitively, you can check the forum history for the the last few application cycles. Look for the very excited "THE CUTOFFS ARE UP" posts around the end of January each year. :P

Archived