Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist movement?

Guest MagnumMD

Guest MagnumMD

Hey everyone,

Did the Queen's waitlist stop moving or am I just not reading the right thread?

Seems like it's been a couple weeks since anyone reported getting in. Is the class full or have they just not been giving out any new acceptances?

Let me know if you have any insight!

Guest sensfan

hey - i'm not in the know or anything, but here's what i think: the first big wave of people getting off waitlists was around 2 weeks ago (i was lucky enough to be in that wave). i don't know how it is at other schools (though i imagine it's the same as here), but i had 2 weeks to send in my official replies to queens and omsas (the 2 weeks was up today). i imagine that a bunch of people who were provisional at queens got in elsewhere and so omsas will be letting queens know of those people forfeiting their spot. once the paperwork is out of the way, which i'm guessing would be pretty much around now, i would expect a 2nd big wave of acceptances to go out really soon... so don't give up hope, cause it's still early!!!

Guest ScoobyBill

I'd say you're right Sensfan. I anticipate that NEXT Monday, Jun 26th, things will start to move again. MagnumMD, take a few days off, relax and then you can continue the waiting and constant email checking next Monday :D

Good Luck!

Guest Dingalongdong

In the words of the Eagles: "...take it easy, take it easy, don't let sound of your own wheels make you crazy..."

My prediction is that the waitlists won't come out untill sometime in the first week of July. The admissions commitees are probably waiting for all the provisional acceptances to become firm (early July) before sending out new ones. That way, they'll know how many seats they'll need to fill and how many people are left.

Good luck. Play some guitar, rike your bike, take it easy.;)

Guest tensilversaxes

Hey everyone,

I received an offer from Queen's today via email. The waitlist is definitely still moving.

Best of luck!

Archived