Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Clerkship: Hours and location

22 hours ago, livelaughlearn97 said:

What are the hours typically? Do they vary between placements?

Varies wildly between rotations. Generally inpatient rotations start 7-8ish and end 4-5ish with varying amounts of call. Outpatient might start a little later? Can't say since so variable. In any case it would pretty much be the same regardless of what hospital/medical school you go to. I've done electives all over Canada in my field and its pretty much the same everywhere.

22 hours ago, livelaughlearn97 said:

Are all the placements in Hamilton or does one have to move?

Your placements will generally be in around the campus you attend, so if you're Hamilton campus your rotations will be in Hamilton, although there are some that have options to do rotations in smaller cities outside Hamilton, usually within reasonable driving distance, ie Brantford. Again not terribly different from other schools.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2020 at 8:12 PM, bearded frog said:

Varies wildly between rotations. Generally inpatient rotations start 7-8ish and end 4-5ish with varying amounts of call. Outpatient might start a little later? Can't say since so variable. In any case it would pretty much be the same regardless of what hospital/medical school you go to. I've done electives all over Canada in my field and its pretty much the same everywhere.

Your placements will generally be in around the campus you attend, so if you're Hamilton campus your rotations will be in Hamilton, although there are some that have options to do rotations in smaller cities outside Hamilton, usually within reasonable driving distance, ie Brantford. Again not terribly different from other schools.

What about when your on call or night shift ???

On 2/5/2020 at 8:12 PM, bearded frog said:

What about when your on call or night shift ???