Premed 101 Forums

Interview Weekend FEEDBACK (please)

Guest QueensMSc

Guest QueensMSc

Congratulations to those that have already finished their Queen's interviews and good luck to those that will be interviewing in the near future.

We hope that you enjoy(ed) your time with us and would appreciate any feedback you could send our way.

With your help, we'll make the weekend even better.

Thanks in advance--and it was great meeting so many of you. Hope to see you in September.

Gregg (on behalf of all Meds 09 Volunteers)

Guest MrsHouse

A big thanks to you, Gregg, and all the other Meds '09s!

Having you guys around in the waiting rooms pre-interview was really helpful.

I'm already a Queen's student, but the information session and the enthusiasm of the current first years really re-sold me on the school and the program.

You guys definitely made an otherwise stressful experience enjoyable!

Thanks!

Guest brownie99

Thank you. Although the faculty member of my interview was a tad sexist, I found everyone else really nice. And got really excited about hopefully getting to learn clinical skills in those rooms!:P

Hey,

I had a great time at the interviews yesterday. The info session was great, and having the students in the waiting room with us was a great idea to prevent the stress levels from getting too high. I didn't get to take advantage of any of the activities/tours, but from what I heard from other students they were pretty good.

The interview itself was very relaxed and chilled, they interviewers seemed to let me lead the interview and talk about whatever I thought was important which made for a really good experience.

Thanks again

Guest karlpilkington

Hey,

Overall, a very well run weekend. The interview session could have been held in a larger room (so people weren't standing at the back/aisles) and perhaps it could've started a little earlier, so the 1 o'clockers could've stayed for the whole thing. Overall though, a well run weekend!

Guest circusgirl

I had a GREAT time in Kingston and at Queen's this weekend! You guys really sold me on the city and the school (I really found both bus and campus tours really effective) and left the weekend really happy. Nothing really negative to say, except more med students mingling with the interviewees during lunch (they seemed to group together and chat), and more seats during the info session would be nice. Thanks so much for all your hard work!

Guest nostalgia ganam

All of the interview weekend events were very well organised. The interviewers were very nice and used the interview just as an opportunity to get to know me. I wasn't asked a single ethics or health-care question (I wonder if that was a good thing or not).

By the way, KC and Gregg make a hilarious duo for the walking tour. The comraderie of the Meds class really impressed me.

Everything was good, and I enjoyed my time in Kingston. I would advice against having the tour guides on the city tour talk about Benardo and Holmoka :b but the interviews were conducted well and the support was appreciated.

Guest ssc427

You guys were awsome! So far in my interviews I've seen that the programs are largely similar everywhere and the quality of education doesn't vary at all. So the things that will help me make my decision (providing I get more than 1) are the cities and the students.

You guys are definately the nicest, most enthusiastic and interesting students I've met so far!

Guest cake333

Overall, a great weekend. My only suggestions is maybe to make people wear nametags or something for events such as the martini party (even just saying "I go here" or "Interviewee". I found it hard to just walk up to people and start talking since I didn't know who they were.

The students were awesome....great atmosphere and very enthusiastic. But I do agree with the name tags bit...although plenty of 09ers were super friendly once they noticed how lost I looked..lol

Guest QueensMSc

The name tag idea is a great one... so great that I'm wishing I had thought of it before.

Bonus points for whoever suggested it.

Any thoughts on the dinner at Megalo's for those that attended? We want to do our best to make sure that this event runs even smoother for our next weekend.

Thanks for all the feedback thus far. Keep it coming.

Gregg

(If you'd prefer, email your comments / concerns / criticisms to me: gregg@biomed.queensu.ca)

Guest Doc Hopeful

I would also like to thank to 09's for being such warm and welcoming hosts! I'd also like to throw in here that despite the thread "you are mean, BCSarah", I believe I met her (if in fact there is only one Sarah from BC) during my weekend, and she was the NICEST person there! (And there were many many nice people).

Guest Maelswarm

Hey guys,

Just a couple of suggestions:

- Have a general meeting place on campus to meet up before you guys head to the restaurant or pub, since some ppl don't have a car and don't want to call a cab. That would also mean that the venue should be within walking distance from campus.

- Have a tour of the hospital (very important for me, since I'm from Toronto, and would like to see how other hospitals compare to the ones here)

Thanks for organizing the weekend!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NeuroObsessed

Hey, it was great meeting all of the Med. students at Queen's... you guys are SOOOO great! Thanks for organizing everything..."The Applicant" was cute... :P

Archived