Premed 101 Forums

course load requirement

Guest pebbles81

Guest pebbles81

I'm taking 3 courses this term (sept-dec) and 7 next term (jan-april). Queens wants 15 full credits. Is it okay for me to take 3 and then 7, or must I take 5 and 5 or 4 and 4? Does it matter how many courses I take per term?

thankss for your reply

Hi there,

When I e-mailed them earlier on in the season, they told me that I needed to take your classes between Sept-Apr. I remember somewhere that you don't need to take a full-course load, but I may be wrong. In any case, if you had to do a full course load, 3 + 7 is fine.

-j

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pebbles81

I'm sorry, did you say that they said you needed to take four courses? Is that the minimum requirement?

Four between sept and april, so taking 3 from sep-dec and 5 from jan-april is okay?

thank you for your help!!

Guest Elaine I

Queen's requires 3.5 courses per year to consider the last two years of your GPA. However, if your overall GPA meets the cut-off, then it doesn't matter how many or how few courses you take per year.

Elaine

• 1 month later...
Guest pebbles81

I only have 3.0 credits from my first year. Second year- 4.0 credits, and third 5, so if I apply my during my fourth year, does it mean that they will not consider my most recent two years, since I only have 3.0 credits from my first year?

Thanks

Archived