Premed 101 Forums

Meds House

Guest coastalslacker

Guest coastalslacker

We just realized today that all 3 individuals listed as contact people for those who were interested in living in Meds House, are on vacation, and there isn't anyone actually living in the house right now. If you would like to tour the house or have any questions, you can call 613-544-2521.

There are a few spots right now, but please call before July 15 if you are interested.

cheers,

graham

Guest antissa

How is living in meds house? Do all the tenants get along? It sounds fun but do you get a lot of fighting for the showers/washrooms? For the tv? Is it sometimes hard to find peace and quiet to study? Does everyone sit together at a big dining table to eat? Sorry I have so many questions, but I'm interested in hearing about a typical day in the house

Thanks for any help!

Guest coastalslacker

Despite the fact that there are myriad different personalities living in meds house we do, by and large, get along. I can't think of any really big conflicts that happened last year. Some people are lazy and don't do their chores, some people just live in the house because it's cheap and really don't bother becoming a part of it, some people are very opinionated, and other people don't agree with the opinions. However, we keep on going like the big happy dysfunctional family that we are. I think happy is one key word in that sentence, because we have a good time. The other key word would be family because that is what it is.

I'll do my best to respond to your other questions relatively quickly.

Fights for showers/washrooms: I can't recall a fight, as you put it. The guys washroom is open concept with two showers, two sinks and two toilets. I may have had to wait behind two other people for a shower in the morning but never for more than 5 minutes. The girls washroom is one at a time, so they sometimes have to wait a bit longer. If there are more girls than guys in the house, the guys washroom becomes the girls and vice versa.

TV: first come first served for the most part. If there is something you watch regularly then people will generally cede control of the remote. We're all adults so this isn't a problem like I've heard it can be in university dorms sometimes.

Studying: Many of us, myself included, prefer to study in meds house. If I go the library to study, it's just because I need a change of scenery. Because the house is so big, most of the rooms are quiet enough to study on a friday or saturday night, even if there are people over. If you are studying on a friday or saturday night, however, you're probably working way too hard....

Eating: Lunch for both in-house and out-of-house members is from noon-1:30. We all sit in the dining room at 3 big tables with benches. After people have eaten, they often watch tv, play foosball, read the paper, talk or leave. Since the cook prepares both lunch and dinner at the same time, dinner is left in the fridge for us to reheat in the oven. You can eat dinner whenever you want and we usually end up watching tv while we eat. Because of differing schedules, it's rare to have more than 6 or 7 people eating dinner at any one time.

Hope that helps.

Guest pilotgrrl

By the way, what's the address for Meds House? Especially since I arranged for a tour of it this weekend. :o Thank you!!

Guest antissa

Hey Linda, if you're checking out meds house this weekend, would you mind having a look at the Girls Inner and telling me what you think of it? I've expressed interest in the room, but I've never seen it. lol

Guest pilotgrrl

Hey Graham,

I hope you got the cheque. Please don't cash it until Thursday, as I found out that I didn't get paid last Fri. Made a bank transfer today so that the money will be there on Thurs. Thanks!

Linda

Guest coastalslacker

just fyi, Meds house is almost full. We have one space remaining, for a guy to fill the second half of a double room. Rent is 290.

cheers

Guest Its interview time

Hi

I am interested if there is a spot still open. Can you email me at crashoverride0007@hotmail.com if there is still room? I am getting lazy with finding a place since i'm enjoying my vacation rite now. Plz keep in mind that it mite take a few days before i respond since i dont have internet access at all times. Thanks

Guest Its interview time

Is the rent 290 or 590???

A previous post mentioned that it is 290, but the acceptance package said that its 590.

Can someone clear this up for me?

Thanks

Archived