Premed 101 Forums

MBA with no experience and 3.6 GPA, should I try?

MBA in Global Leadership and BBA (marketing) with no volunteering or research considering MUN or Dal

For a bit of background, I'm a PEI resident currently enrolled in a one-year MBA at UPEI in Global Leadership and completed my BBA with a specialization in marketing last year. I have no history of volunteering or having done research. I am confident I can achieve a score of approximately 500-510 on the MCAT, based on my girlfriend achieving a score of 505 last summer and us having very similar levels of IQ. My GPA is 3.6 in my last 20 semester hours of my BBA or 3.9 in my last 20 semester hours if my MBA is considered too. I only realized I might have a shot at getting into medical school last night, I never thought a BBA or MBA would be considered acceptable for med school acceptance and was pretty surprised when I found that out. Do I have a chance at getting in to either of these schools? What about other schools in the U.S? Or other fields like Dentistry? I'm trying to determine whether I should spend my next three month studying for the MCAT. I have the time and financial resources to do so and if I don't now, I know I'll never have the opportunity to again.