Premed 101 Forums

insurance when switching provinces

Hello folks,

I am moving to a new province for residency and got a used car there, and looking for some help or advice:

Car insurance is CRAZY expensive in my new province of Ontario, even with the OMA insurance discount. Even for my 2 year residency, it's going to be really expensive.

Here's the catch: my old province has MUCH cheaper rates through their provincial medical association which I am technically still a member of for the next 4 months.

Financially, it makes more sense to get this new car insured through my old provincial health insurance company... my question is, when my insurance comes up for renewal in a year and I am no longer a member of that provinces' health association, what do you think happens?

Question really is, at the end of the day, is it technically possible to hold 2 provincial medical association memberships? So far the renewals for my current association haven't checked anything, just pay the annual fee and get renewed...

Thanks for any advice