Premed 101 Forums

Waiting list

Guest Justaguy

Last year they gave 189 (though I think I heard the number 197 somewhere before) offers for 118 spots. However, the 15 extra spots (it used to be 103) were added later in the summer, so that would mean they actually made nearly 90 offers from the waitlist.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest UWOMED2005

Yep all of that's correct. Sorry none of us 2005ers have been able to answer questions the last week. . . we've been on rural week.

I do NOT know the length of the waitlist. . . I've heard everything from 80 to 250. It's probably somewhere in that range. The waitlist did move about 80 last year, so it's a good bet it'll move about 50-120 spots (I know, that's a big range.)

I think reddyR is right. . . you should start working on those Plan Bs. There's no guarantee you'll get in, and you'll just ruin your summer by waiting beside the phone. But also know the waitlist does move and thing's aren't over until September.

Good Luck

Guest premed

Does anyone know when the first round of waitlist acceptances will be chosen? Also, any idea whether they will be extended by mail or phone calls? Thanks a lot :)

Guest UWOMED2005

Don't worry - soon. As soon as people start replying back saying they're rejecting their offer of acceptance from Western (what, are they nuts? :) ) they'll start pulling people off the waitlist. But don't sit by the phone. . . you never know when (or unfortunately if) you might be called off the waitlist, and thinking about it too much will drive you bonkers. Enjoy your summer! Because if that call comes, you'll be working your butt off come September (well, maybe October. . . it's nice to take some time to enjoy your first few weeks in medical school!)

Guest UWOMED2005

I just spoke to Darla in the UWO admissions office. . . guys, please stop calling/e-mailing about waitlist positions!!! They've been getting more calls & e-mails this year than any year in recent memory. . . they've been coming in at 5:30am in the morning to answer some of the e-mails. It's official policy at Western NOT to give out waitlist information, and there's nothing the admissions office can do about it. So sit tight, the waiting list should be moving soon, and good luck!

Guest Removed

I just wanted to let everyone know who is anxiously waiting for a call granting them acceptance off the waiting list at Western that I have withdrawn my application from UWO and will therefore be removed from the list. Although there is still speculation as to whether the list is 80 or 250 people long (and I may have been at the very end!) one person removed from the list (unless it was from the very last spot!) may help someone gain entrance into the class.

Best of luck to everyone!

Guest waitlisted

Hey all,

I sent my green wait list card last week confirming that I would like to be on the list last week but I am not sure how I can know for certain that it has actually made it to UWO. Does anyone know if they confirm receipt of the card or if we just have to sit tight and hope that it made its way to UWO? Thanks..

Guest Accept me Western

I sent it in last week and then asked them about it a couple of days later (through e-mail). They confirmed that they received my card.

Guest UWOMED2005

Yeah, that sounds like a reasonable thing to e-mail the admissions staff about - and my understanding is that they prefer e-mails for stuff like that as they take less time to answer and can be answered outside office hours.

The admissions staff doesn't mind reasonable questions, but please just be reasonable! I've heard the staff have been coming in at 5:30 am to respond to the multitude of e-mails, and when they get questions they can't respond to (ie, position on the waitlist or likelihood of getting in) it takes up a lot of their time.

Once again good luck!

Guest please accept me too

Hey... if anyone happens to get a call from Western admissions about acceptance, please post when you got called for those of us eagerly waiting....

Thanks! :)

Guest Accept me Western

Apparently, the first batch of acceptances off the waitlist last year were sent via snail mail. So if they do that again this year, we should be hoping for a nice acceptance package in our mailboxes this week rather than a phone call. Either way, good luck everyone! :)

Guest premed

Does anyone know when the second round will actually be sent? Also, would they arrive the very next day? Thanks a lot! Good luck with the wait everyone...

Guest Accept me Western

The deadline for the Western waitlist cards has come and gone. So I guess that means movement has either started already or will be starting extremely soon. Anyone with good news to report? :D

Guest JSS02

Hell yeah! I just got an acceptance package from Western! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

See you Med 2006's in August,

Jeff

Guest UWOMED2005

Congrats Jeff. It'll be nice to have another one of us around Western. See you in August!

Jeff Rader

Western Meds 2006

Guest JSS02

Yep. Mississauga resident, attended (hehe... I get to use that in the past tense now) U of T St. George campus for undergrad.

Any more questions, please feel free to ask. You can also send me a personal message.

Guest Da Birdie

Yo Jeff!

Congrats! I knew u'd make it man (to bad we'll be at diff schools next year)

good luck with your UofT appl too! : )

Guest drspd

Hey all,

Many people in our class got in off of the waitlist. One individual found out about his acceptance in August! So don't count yourself out. I agree that you should start preparing yourself for Plan B, but don't give up on that little bit of hope.

If you want something bad enough, you'll get in. I had the pleasure of meeting many of you during the interview weekend, and you are all great people and you will all get into medicine if you continue to strive for it.

See ya,

DRSPD

Guest Justaguy

I just got in too... Sooo happy....

Hey hmsdread and augz... looks like i'll be in your class afterall...

hmsdread... its me... your graduation buddy...

Guest TimmyMax

Hey there JSS02 and justaguy!

Congrats on the acceptances! Must be a huge monkey off of both your shoulders!

To the rest of you still in waiting list prugatory- all is not lost! The waitlist at UWO does move, and hopefully more of you regular posters will get some good news soon!

Best of luck!

Timmy

Archived