Premed 101 Forums

Waiting list

Guest Justaguy

Guest hmsdread

Hey congrats, that's great news!! :D

I knew you'd get pulled off the waitlist.... so now we have at least 7 from Windsor... very nice!

When are u going to look for a place? I think my parents and I are going up this weekend.

hmsdread

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Feathers McGraw

Hey Justaguy!

Congrats on getting into Western! I had my fingers crossed for the rest of us on that waiting list! Looks like Windsor will be representin' in London this year...

See you hopefully soon, classmate! Have fun this weekend and say hi to the other Mac med head for me!

Feathers :)

Go partha!!! I knew ya would get in!!! thats awesome! almost everyone I knew who was waitlisted eventually got in. We hafta get together sometime and chat before school starts for sure.

I'm outta town for awhile, but savour the moment...

Guest Dkrish

Just wanted to say that I got in UWO Meds. I found out on Friday. Just to let people know, I thought my interview wan't that hot. In fact, it only lasted 15 minutes.. after 15 min. the interviewers said, we have no more questions to ask. I was thinking, "Am I that bad!"

So, for those still waiting keep your hopes up, even if you think you didn't do good on the interview, you never know!

Guest premed

Dkrish -- great news! Would you mind posting your stats? (I know it doesn't really help, but somehow it makes the wait less painful!)

Guest aneliz

Only a fifteen minute interview? Wow... I thought my interview didn't go so hot either but it was 25 minutes. Seeing as we both got in, it really shows that you can't judge your chances by your interview feeling!!!

Congrats on getting in! I'll see you in the fall! :D

Guest premed

Any recent acceptances from the waitlist? I haven't heard of anyone getting in this week... maybe they're waiting until after July 3rd? Good luck everyone!

Guest Downupdown

Based on previous years, when do the most amount of calls go out to those on the waiting list?

Furthermore, how many acceptance packages went out to those on the waiting list already? (i.e. do they send packages to only the top 30?!?!)

All this information may seem irrelevant to some, but to those on the waiting list it is piece of mind.

Best of luck to those still waiting!!!! We can work as a team to help ease the wait.

Guest UWOMED2005

They really are fairly secretive about this information. I'd guess that some acceptances might be sent out tomorrow, after all of the "conditional" acceptances become firm, but that really is speculation.

Guest Downupdown

This is just juicy:

FROM THE UOFT FORUM (not to be confused with western)

I popped into the admissions office today and had a short conversation with one of the admissions officers.

Here is some of what was said:

-Tomorrow more offers will be made and that at the moment files are still being reviewed; approximately 75 files are still open.

-A few people turned down UT and a few spots (how many? -- I don't know) are still available.

-Sometime in the next two weeks the penultimate group of rejection letters will go out. If you don't get anything and haven't heard anything in two weeks you've probably made the short waitlist.

-The very last offers are often made in August but sometimes in early September.

-It doesn't look like UT will be increasing the number of spots this year; UT lobbied the government to avoid expanding the number of spots (on account of not getting enough money to cover the costs of the students they already have).

any hot tips from western's perspective?!

waiting patiently (and yes, I am getting on with my life).

best of luck to all waitlistees

Guest premed

ahh! We need *some* information... anything! I'm in the same situation, downupdown. I'm guessing it's taking a few more days (past July 3rd) to organize everything. People who were accepted to other Ontario schools will now be taken off Western's waitlist (exciting!!). Also, the first round of waitlist offers took more than a week, so maybe next week the waitlist will move. Until then, good luck! Please post if you get accepted!!!

Guest Downupdown

It's good to have others sharing the same experience as yourself. I know quite a few 2nd year western meds students who got that magical call in the middle of july. So hope is not lost.

We'll get through this together! Will let you know about the news; good or bad. Thanks for the wishes. May luck and deserved recognition follow your wait.

:)

Guest premed

I read the posts from last year, and someone heard (unofficially) that only 30 acceptances had been sent at this point... that would be great!

It's definitely nice to hear from others still waiting. If only Western had a two-tiered list! At least then we'd have a better idea about our chances. I know it varies year to year, but this process is ridiculous!!!!!

Had a dream that I retook the MCAT last night -- got a 4, 5, and 5... I woke up in a panic thinking "Now I'll NEVER get into Western!!!" :-) Then I checked my empty mailbox.

Good luck!

Guest downupdown

There is a two-tiered list actually! You can tell what list you are on based on what is written in the letter.

If there is a line to the effect of "keep your options open for next year..." you can guess which pool you fall into. I heard this tidbit from a few resourceful individuals.

:)

Guest premed

Oh my! I had no idea the waitlist letters were different -- are you sure about this? I need specifics!!! :)

I don't have that line in my letter...! Thanks for this information, downupdown. Made my day a little more "up!"

Guest Downupdown

I suppose everything in life has to be taken with a grain of salt (hey ,iodine is essential!) -- but I received this information from 2 very reliable sources.

Keep your head up high!!! Is this your first time applying?!? It is for me. Quite the experience I must say. If anything I will come out of this with a new-founded appreciation for the virtue of patience (yes, even if I dont get in there is still much value in knowing your ability to keep moving forward in times of being kept utterly in the dark).

onward!

Guest premed

Does anyone have that line in their waitlist letter?

(I trust your sources too, downupdown, but it would be nice to hear it firsthand :) )

• 4 weeks later...
Guest premed

Wow, this thread needs activity... I heard that some phone calls were made on Monday afternoon, but nothing since. Anyone else have news? Do you think our chances are pretty slim at this point? I'm guessing only a handful of people will be accepted in August. Is a government increase in class size completely out of the question? Thanks guys. Good luck!

Guest therealcrackers

the jump from 118 (our class) to 133 (2006 class) has already been made. Class of 2007 will be about 145-150, so no additional additional spots will be made available. You should see the renovations they're doing just to accomodate us and the 2006s...

Guest aneliz

Don't give up hope entirely... I heard second hand yesterday (from a reliable source) that the class has not been filled yet. Rumor has it that there are ~7 spots still up for grabs. I imagine that they have all been offered to waitlist-ees though and admissions may just be waiting for the arrival of the final paperwork from these people before considering the class officially full.... So, I would think that chances are probably getting slim but they aren't nil until you have a rejection in your hand.....good luck.

Guest premed

Thanks aneliz! Any news -- second hand or not! -- is great at this point. I'd also suspect that those 7 spots have already been offered (otherwise, what would the admissions office be waiting for?!!)

Perhaps a more optimistic thought -- I wonder if it takes some time to review each waitlistee's prerequisites, GPA, etc. before offering an acceptance? Fingers crossed...

Did anyone receive an acceptance this week? Good luck guys :)

Archived