Premed 101 Forums

Good Luck To All Those Who Are Waiting...

Guest awong37

Guest awong37

Greetings,

Well, as the majority of the current Meds class suffers through a painful evening of microbiology/immunology cramming (the exam tomorrow is worth 80%+ of our final mark - fail the exam, can you spell 'SUMMER SCHOOL'?), followed immediately after by cramming for the OSCE, I just wanted to take a moment to wish all of those who are waiting for their good news to arrive... the very best of luck! I look forward to meeting all of you next year... though my participation at O-Week will unfortunately be somewhat limited. :)

Be sure to let us in on the news if you're willing to share - good or bad! I think I speak for the class when I say that we're all pulling extra-hard for each and every one of you!

That being said, time to review the symptomology of Enteric Protozoa. Take care!

Best,

Alex.

Guest UWOMED2005

Ditto. I'll let mying, drspd, "little brown kid" and crackers speak for themselves. . . but I'm sure they are all echo those sentiments.

On that note, after our exams we'll be off on our Rural week. . . so some of us might be out of touch until the 7th or 8th of June. Please do keep us "posted" (pardon the pun) on how things go and good luck.

Guest UWOMED2005

Yep - us UWO meds 2005 kids are finished for the year, with the exception of our "Rural Week" experience, which starts tomorrow. Personally, I'm off to Newbury, Ontario. I'm not sure how often myself or my classmates will be able to check this board. I can't speak for my classmates, but wouldn't be surprised if the same goes for them. In the meantime, if you've been accepted to UWO (congratulations!) and want to know more about medicine at UWO, a great place to start is the class website awong37 put together: www.mni.uwo.ca/meds2005.

As "crackers" posted, there was a big mailout Friday morning so there should be news coming early this week. Good luck - I hope the news is good! And if the news isn't so good. . . don't despair (though it is good to start working on the Plan B. Waitlists DO move here - last year about 189 people were sent acceptances to fill the 118 spots, so a waitlist is NOT a rejection.

On a final note, some whackjob posted some fairly offensive comments on the UWO admissions forum under the name "Jeff Rader." I find that of particular interest as the real Jeff Rader is, well, me. I always login here as "UWOMED2005" so if anyone posts here claiming to be "Jeff Rader," "JJRader," "Jeffrey J Rader," etc please disregard the posts - it's not me.

Good Luck to all of you with news next week,

JJ Rader

Guest TimmyMax

Hey Rader,

Don't worry dude, we've got your back...

I wish people like that would PFO...

Best of luck everyone!

Timmy

Guest PeterHill0501

Jeff,

Don't worry about it...whoever it is really needs to get a life. We know who you are and what you're about. Personally, I haven't seen anything like that...but if I do I'll be sure to let the individual know that it isn't appreciated.

Peter

Guest UWOMED2005

Well, as it turns out the rural hospital I got posted to is more connected than I thought. . . the admitting desk in the ER here has an internet connection.

Yep - that's right, the ER desk. I'm currently on-call in the ER in a hospital in SW Ontario. . . it's pretty frickin' cool! For those of you already accepted to the 2006 UWO class - just remember, this will be you this time next year!

Archived