Premed 101 Forums

Interview Weekends 2006: Information.

Guest awong37

Guest awong37

Greetings,

Please visit our class website for information regarding the Interview Weekends, which are taking place on March 23-24 and April 6-7. Thanks, and to those of you who've received an interview in particular, we very much look forward to meeting you here in London!

Best,

Alex. (2005 webbie person + squash tutor)

Guest DownUpDown

Hi awong37!

Squash tutor eh?? Care for a personal squash lesson of your own ?(if I get an interview, that is)

hehe...I'd love to have you game. I'll bring my racquet down just incase...blow off some steam before the interview. How sweet!

Guest awong37

Greetings,

By *all* means, I'd love to play a game with you if you're around in London. I'm level I certified and was close to level II until I had a little accident that still needs to be fixed. It would give me a chance to show off our absolutely pathetic athletic facilities... funny how everyone thinks of Western as a jock school. It's totally a jock school, so you'd think that the athletic facilities would be up to par... nope. :)

Send me an email at awong37@uwo.ca if you're planning to be in town for the interview or whatever, and we'll try to hook up for a game or two. Warning: I have a torn ACL, so my mobility is just slightly hampered. I'll still make you run around, though, no matter your level. Regardless, good luck, and I'm hoping to make your acquaintance. :)

Best,

Alex.

Guest DownUpDown

Hi Alex!

Glad to hear you're game. Squash is the ultimate sport to help release all stresses and tensions. Especially before an interview of such calibre. Anyways, I'm half asleep. When I get the invite, I'll e-mail you with details as to when I'll be down.

Quick question: Are medical school's flexible in-regard to changing interview weekends (Queen's is on the 24th for me)?

Speak to ya soon. Also looking forward to seeing some fresh faces down there.

nite.

Guest hmsdread

Hi all,

The letters (at least the positive ones) have reached Windsor. But given our proximity to London, its not surprising it didn't take too long. Don't get too worried yet, I'm sure you'll hear great news soon enough. :D

Good luck.

hmsdread

Guest awong37

Greetings,

Just in case it wasn't clear, *all* notices regarding interviews (bad news and good news) were sent out last Friday or this Monday. People have definitely started receiving the notices... good luck to all of you! If you've not received anything by around next week at this time, you may want to call our Admissions Office to try to find out the status of your application. But please please please don't call them if you don't have to... poor Darla and Barbara have been answering the phone all day long over the last few days.

Regarding the flexibility of interview dates, if you have a conflict with another interview date (or for whatever legitimate reason you need the date changed), you'll need to contact our Admissions people ASAP to arrange it. There's information in your package regarding this.

I'll just throw in another plug for our class website, which has tons of useful information (especially the FAQ document, IMHO) that all interviewees should find interesting, relevant, and helpful. If there are any questions that you'd like answered, please email me at awong37@uwo.ca and I'll do my best to get them up online so that everyone can benefit from them.

Lastly, for those interested in directing questions to our entire class, we've put up a forum dedicated to such matters. It can be found here:

www.mni.uwo.ca/discus/

Click on 'MEDS2006 Admissions'. Our entire class monitors this forum, and you can be sure that you'll be able to get multiple perspectives if you post questions there.

If there's anything else that you feel would be of benefit, please let me know. We'll do our best to get you relaxed and ready for your big day!

Best,

Alex.

Guest worried

I am worried because I have two degrees and don't know if Western will be using marks from my second(presently in my 3rd year) or first degree. They told me they would chose grades from one or the other and I don't know which one they chose. If they use marks from my first degree I have better chances of becoming the first woman president of the US than I have of getting an interview at Western. I guess I just have to wait. Good luck to all of you with interviews so far :)

Archived