Premed 101 Forums

Any suggestion which school to apply?

Hello everyone, I am fourth year student in BC studying Biochem.

I have 3.7/4.33 GPA (not sure how it converts to % or 4.0 scale) and recently took ADA DAT and got 26AA/26PAT. 

I was thinking of applying to UBC next cycle but since I got pretty decent DAT score, I want to try applying to more schools out of my province. I saw that U of T have extremely high average GPA (minimum 3.85). Does anyone know someone who got accepted to U of T with lower GPA? I want to know if my DAT can compensate for my lower side GPA. Is there any other Canadian school to look for?

Thanks for reading!

U of T drops your lowest year, so this skews the GPA higher. Most but not all do similar things. Some even take your top two years. This will help boost your application GPA. The DAT usually factors around 10-20% of your interview/acceptance evaluation, while GPA factors in at about 55-65% depending on the school. If you are way off the mark, your DAT won't necessarily compensate, but it can help a bit if you are looking for a slight boost, as those percentages would suggest.