Premed 101 Forums

interview dates?

Guest UBClebronjames

To clarify...cuts will be set at the end of January...and posted on the UWO website...so you can check and see if you made them... If you made the cuts, you can be fairly certain of an interview...but actual interview invites will not come out until mid-February at the absolute earliest, and I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't out until early March.

As for conflicts... if you have a conflict with another interview, you should let the UWO office know...they will try their best to accomodate you. I have heard that Mac is relatively unwilling to accomodate people with conflicts, but you could also try dealing with them.

Of course, even with the schools both interviewing on those weekends, the chances that you will get an interview at both schools on the same day is slim because:

Your chance of interviewing at Mac on any given day is 1/4

Your chance of interviewing at UWO on any given day is 1/4

So, the chance of having two interviews on the same day is 1/16.... and your chance of facing this problem would be 1/16 multiplied by the chance of having an interview at both schools (430/1700 at UWO x 300 (?) /4000 at Mac)

So don't worry yet...

Unfortunately, every school cannot have their own dedicated interview weekends because there are a limited number of weekends to play with when you factor in things like undergrad exams, march break (for the med students), med student exam weeks, Easter, Passover, faculty conferences, etc.

Guest ioncannon97

don't wanna sound like a smartass aneliz, but the probability of recieving an interview (for someone that does get an interview at both schools) on the same day is not 1/16 but is actually 1/4. Don't multiply the probabilities together....i think you can probably see it now that I pointed it out but ill explain anyway...Let the day that person Y will get an interview from Western be X. This X has not yet been decided but we know it will exist. Then the probabilty of recieving an interview from Mac on X is 1/4 since there are 4 days. This is, then, the possibly of our event (getting Interview on same day). i.e. the probability of the event does not depend on what X is...it could be any of the 4 days, but once its decided, the probably that Mac will also choose X is 1/4....The 1/16 you obtained is the probabilty that the interview will occur at both schools on a given day...e.g. the probability that you will get an interview at both schools on March 27th...anyways, now that I sound like a complete nerd, ill stop.

ioncannon: i don't get your logic at all, but then again, it seems to me you're saying the same thing aneliz is anyway, that the probability of attending an interview at both schools on a given day is 1/16.

just to let you all know, i had that dilemma in my interview time (interview at mac at 10am march 23 and western at 11am march 23) and i called both.. mac was unwilling to accomodate... western rescheduled me for march 24 at 10am.

L

I see your point....however, this is a dumb discussion....and it really doesn't matter what the numbers are because the point was that it is unlikely, even if you are interviewing at both schools, that you will have a conflict...and if you do, it will get fixed anyway, so there is no point in getting stressed about it...especially three months before either school sends out their invites!

Peace.

Archived