Premed 101 Forums

how to provide "proof" for conference presentation

Guest wanderin on

Guest wanderin on

i'm an MSc grad submitting a grad package. the grad email that ottawa sent out requests:

"proof of publications, patents, presentations (published or in press with letter of acceptance) and abstracts (published or in press)"

i'm not sure how to provide proof for three conference presentations i gave (two talks and a poster) where the conference program and abstracts were not published in a journal (i.e. no abstracts with journal citations). these were large and well respected conferences in my field (fisheries), but unfortunately all i have to prove i presented is, in two cases a pdf of the conference program and abstracts online, and in the other case a hard coy of the conference program and cd of all the abstracts. should i provide the graduate review sub-committee with the web link for the pdf and actually send in the conference program and cd for my other presentation?

any advice would be helpful

thank you

Guest Notorious PhD

Hi,

I'm in the same boat and I think in the email they mentioned that they don't want any hard copies. Also, when I emailed them they replied that, in my case, to send in what I felt necessary, including a copy of the abstract (with conf program) - as long as it has your name and supervisor's name on it.

Hope this helps.

Guest sixster

Hi,

When they said they didn't want any hard copies, does that mean we should scan and email everything?

I was under the impression that we could send a package by mail...

Can someone clarify exactly what they want...

Hey guys, you need to submit hard copies and not electronic versions, the office doesn't have the facilities to deal with electronic versions (incompatibility issues, etc).

Good luck.

Archived