Premed 101 Forums

Will restarting my degree hurt my chances?

My  first two years of university sucked. I got a 1.7 year the first year and a 2.7 the second year. I really wanna get into med school and am willing to do whatever it takes. I suppose most med schools will drop my first year gpa. For my second year, in the Fall I got a 2.7 and in the Winter all courses were Pass/Fail because of COVID. 

So, this Fall I have transferred to a smaller university and started a new degree. I am in my third year of undergrad and am taking all first year courses. It will most likely take me another 4 years to complete my degree, so I will be in undergrad for a total of six years. I am on track of getting between a 4.0 and 4.3 this semester(out of 4.3). I am a Manitoba resident, so I plan on applying to U of M. So, lets say I can pull off either a 4.0 or a 4.3 for the next four years, will the 2.7 for one semester hinder my chances? Also I know some schools don't want you taking first year courses in third year, so will this look bad if I am restarting?